Lights & Lather Meeting P.A.

chevcher

Just a reminder, we are now in the home-stretch of getting the finishing touches together for our gathering. Many more suppliers have been added over the past few days. The goodies and door prizes are arriving ,and we cannot wait until the event :yay:

If you would like to join us, please take the time to visit our site

www.lightsandlather.org

we will be extending our registration for a few more days,so come join us for a day of learning , networking and fun ! We have been working very hard to offer something for everyone.Don't forget to join our yahoo group to stay updated.

Mental image of asheebeans walking around the hotel with stickers and buttons plastered all over herself. :shocked2: Too funny! I know times are rough, it kickin everybody's butt. It's why they cancelled the IGCA convention. So sad! I need to take notes and have a convo with Birdie - maybe I too can bring a goat to milk? LOL I would love it! Seriously, planning for these things really bites, but in the long run - it's gonna be GREAT! The vendors participating ROCK, they are sending some awesome stuff. I think Cherly is making shopping lists as we speak of coupons she plans on using! LOL Asheebeans we are gonna miss you!

Deadline for the room reservations to get a discount is Friday, July 27!

Did ya mean June 27? It wouldn't be much of a discount after the conference. LOL...Just teasing.

How many people are attending? I'm looking forward to the conference.

Can you tell I had a long day when I wrote that? :undecided Sorry, Yes - tomorrow 06/27/08 is the last day to make reservations with hotel and get the discount. Seriously thanks for the correction, I also mispelled Cheryl's name...ssshhh I give!

Wow..I used to live right there when I went to college. I went to Robert Morris and used to work at the airport. They used to have a nightclub in the basement of that Holiday Inn we used to go to--back in the 80's LOL.

There is a place on the same road as the Holiday Inn--if you get a chance, swing by. It is called Wings, Suds and Spuds and they have the best wings and curly fries I have ever had. I hear they are still there. I don't think the place probably looks like much after all these years but I still hear they have their reputation.

We are looking for a Karoke (sp?) bar for Kimberly, she swears she is "waiting to be discovered...great" so I sure would like to see her belt out a few favs. Any places you can remember that might have that accommodation? Or for that matter any of yuens :D *smiling* in Pittsburgh - written with affectionate giggles.

Hey now , that wings place sounds pretty good :smiley2: I'm not a karoke girl either- I don't want people running for the door when I sing :D We usually have the kids with us when we do make it to PA, but not this time:wink2: The way hubby's talking , we may be there a few days !

I'm still bummed out that I'm not going to get to go.....even after making my reservations......but I'm glad that my replacement is really pumped and ready for the big event!!!! I know it's going to be a great day for everyone lucky enough to attend and I'm anxious to hear how everything turns out. Best wishes for a great and successful meeting.

Nancy

Waaaah! :cry2: I am so depressed I can't go! Any vendors want to sponsor me? I'll wear your logos plastered all over me for a month! :wink2: LOL j/k!!! Hopefully next year I can afford it....sounds like it's going to be a good time!

I actually offered to do this for the vendor sponsoring my demo, but unfortunately, they currently do not have t-shirts or anything like that.:wink2:

LOL...hey now, Karaoke is da bomb! It is the only chance I get to sing now. I used to sing in a band back home but here in NY I havent had the time to persue it again...so I have to get my fix somehow! Besides, when I sing I never have to buy a drink...especially if there are some really drunk, tone deaf people singin...lol....they always buy me drinks because they think I have to be drunk to sing...SHhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone that I dont have to be...lol

OK...the singing is not a must for the meet and greet...but if there is a chance, my fat ass will be up at the mic!...lol

I am excited!!!!!!!!!!! my conference buddies mystical_angel and Deb are comin too!!!! Debscent...YAY!!!!! get to meet ya!

We have a couple of mother/daughter teams, that will be really nice. And I think we have a couple of sister teams and of course some hubby/wive sets. It's gonna be GREAT. Kimberly, I hear you - I don't sing, but I enjoy listening to others, it's fun for sure. I will as the hotel rep if she knows of a place when I speak to her next.

Nancy we sure are going to miss you!

• 2 weeks later...

Regular registration ends tomorrow night July 9th! We have had many good suggestions and comments from peeps on this board and we appreciate it, those tips will go towards making a GREAT time for those attending. :D