KY's prices going up....got the email today

I know the last time I picked up supplies, Vickey said that many of their waxes were selling at nearly cost. She and Joe had hoped to see prices start to drop a little bit, eventually, but I think they have all but given up on that ever happening.

I think we can give up on anything ever dropping, except for our bank account balances.:angry2:

I was not surprised by them having to raise prices, everything is going up. I do appreciate them informing us and giving us time to stock up if we want/can. Unlike other suppliers that just keep hiking up their wax prices every other week and never tell their customers :undecided

I do appreciate them informing us and giving us time to stock up if we want/can. Unlike other suppliers that just keep hiking up their wax prices every other week and never tell their customers :undecided

Agreed..... Knowing ahead of time that gives us the opportunity to stock up if possible. That is always a plus..:D HINT HINT to other suppliers...

Oh yea! You'd think as long as we have been customers of these suppliers, they would have emailed us that info so we could stock up....whatever...

I went onto BCS website today, just to check the price of the 6006, since they seem to be very proud of raising prices recently and I'm down to one case, and found that the wax is now $77.40 per case.

2/08 $61.80 per case

4/08 $75.60 per case

6/08 $77.40 per case

Do the math....

My rust lids increased 20 cents EACH last Thursday when I called to order another case.

NOTE: In an earlier post I was going to throw in the towel, just too much with everything else going on. Then decided, NO, because DH figures we are now building my mom an apt. onto the back of my shop (she's 74 and cannot be left alone), remodeling the house (125 yr. old porch being taken into my tiny bedroom), replacing 17 windows (are now the depression glass type), building a chicken/tractor shed (son is in 4H now and gotta raise 50 chicks for the Fair), so I figured, I'll stay at it a little bit longer for the $$.....now...I'm bummed again....I've had to stop putting the rust stars on rusty wire on my candles, because TIN prices are out the roof and my supplier just raised that price.....Yea, that's another subject all in it's own....:angry2: Now business is slow and I feel like I'm in a corner.

OK, I feel better...sorry to hijack...

C

Price hikes are the norm these days, but it's nice when a supplier does give us some warning so that we have a chance to buy before the increase. Especially for those of us who might have planned to replenish our supplies next month and could have done so a week early if they knew.

That is why I posted this because if anyone uses KY and can order before the first and stock up then that is great. I think it is really nice of KY to give some warning before dropping the bomb.

I for one am NOT doing this as a biz right now. I have fun testing and making candles for me and family and that is where it will stay for a while.

tootie

I'm with you tootie, I gave up doing this as a biz too. Took on a full time job for the health insurance and now I just do orders here and there and make for myself, family & friends. I just couldn't afford all the prices going up all the time. I think were going to end up seeing more of this happening if these prices keep going up like they have been.

Cindy

That is why I posted this because if anyone uses KY and can order before the first and stock up then that is great. I think it is really nice of KY to give some warning before dropping the bomb.

I for one am NOT doing this as a biz right now. I have fun testing and making candles for me and family and that is where it will stay for a while.

tootie