Question for Palm Wax Users

I saw a great thread started by Trappeur where she listed prices for C-3. I'm going to ATTEMPT to do one for as many suppliers as I can find for all different types of waxes. (Hopefully I will be able to accomplish this in a reasonable amount of time.) I do have a question about Palm Wax, as I have never used this wax.

On CandleScience's webpage there a different palm waxes, Starburst, Tortoise and Feather..... Are these brands or types of waxes?

I saw a great thread started by Trappeur where she listed prices for C-3. I'm going to ATTEMPT to do one for as many suppliers as I can find for all different types of waxes. (Hopefully I will be able to accomplish this in a reasonable amount of time.) I do have a question about Palm Wax, as I have never used this wax.

On CandleScience's webpage there a different palm waxes, Starburst, Tortoise and Feather..... Are these brands or types of waxes?

These are the effect you will get on your candle. So I guess you would call them types. HTH

They are the descriptive words for the crystal formation that you would see on the outside of the pillar. Starburst looks like frosted glass, tortoise like it's namesake's shell, and feather - well - just like a feather!

HTH

I'm going to ATTEMPT to do one for as many suppliers as I can find for all different types of waxes.

That's a lofty goal, and I DO appreciate your kind intentions, but there are MANY suppliers and prices are changing at an alarming rate... folks CAN do their own comparison shopping. For noobs, there is a listing of suppliers & websites available from the General Candlemaking forum.

Here: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55309

and here: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5492

It's merely a task for each person to check them when they are ready to make a purchase...:confused:

Your price listing also gives certain suppliers *free* advertising and would favor larger suppliers over smaller ones because of their volume. Since this site IS sponsored by a supplier, is it in THEIR best interest to promote other suppliers on their forum? Don't mean to sound like a curmudgeon, but business is business and I appreciate the folks who have so kindly sponsored and made this site for everyone to use! :confused:

That's a lofty goal, and I DO appreciate your kind intentions, but there are MANY suppliers and prices are changing at an alarming rate... folks CAN do their own comparison shopping. For noobs, there is a listing of suppliers & websites available from the General Candlemaking forum.

Here: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55309

and here: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5492

It's merely a task for each person to check them when they are ready to make a purchase...:confused:

Your price listing also gives certain suppliers *free* advertising and would favor larger suppliers over smaller ones because of their volume. Since this site IS sponsored by a supplier, is it in THEIR best interest to promote other suppliers on their forum? Don't mean to sound like a curmudgeon, but business is business and I appreciate the folks who have so kindly sponsored and made this site for everyone to use! :confused:

WOW!!! Sorry you don't approve; but then again, I didn't ask your permission or opinion. I asked a question regarding palm wax.

fo·rum (fôrprime.gifschwa.gifm, fomacr.gifrprime.gif-)

n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôrprime.gifschwa.gif, fomacr.gifrprime.gifschwa.gif) 1. a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

b. A public meeting place for open discussion.

c. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.

2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

3. A court of law; a tribunal.

bubblebath, if you're not prepared to have people discuss your thoughts, maybe you shouldn't state them. I agree with Stella on this, I think it would be a slap in the face of the company that so graciously sponsors this site.

I have no intention of posting this information on the forum, nor have I stated this. The reason I choose to do this is mine and I don't owe anyone an explanation. Once I get this completed, if I choose to share this with others, I would send it to Sara and let her decide if she wants it posted.

BTW, thanks for definition RS.

These are different types of palm waxes that create a specific pattern when cooling. Don't know if they come from the same manufacturer maybe someone here knows the answer to that.

Since this site IS sponsored by a supplier, is it in THEIR best interest to promote other suppliers on their forum? Don't mean to sound like a curmudgeon, but business is business and I appreciate the folks who have so kindly sponsored and made this site for everyone to use! :confused:
And R.S. agreed!

I've only been on here a little over a year and have heard that Peak's did START this site and still host it.

However, have you noticed the Star beneath the screen names and the Supa Star title below it? That means I have a paid subscription to this forum that costs only $10 annually. I gladly give financial support because this is "information central" to me. I appreciate the fact that many suppliers products and sales are discussed. This is done on a voluntary basis and many who don't have the star are still very involved in the discussions and have a lot to add. There are many other sites hosted by Suppliers that are closed to even mentioning another supplier's name. I feel my $10 is helping to keep this forum as open as it is in addition to the revenue from the paid advertisers.

Bubble Bath, I agree with Stella. The wax market is volatile. Prices are adjusted by different suppliers - and I think that attempting to keep this updated for everyone else would be a daunting daily task. I would hate to see you publish one price and (when someone goes to order it) the sales price that day would be higher. Then you would be the one who takes the criticism regardless of who approves.

Back on topic: I think the only way to truly tell if the wax is from the same manufacturer is to contact the supplier directly.

I saw a great thread started by Trappeur where she listed prices for C-3. I'm going to ATTEMPT to do one for as many suppliers as I can find for all different types of waxes.

I really don't want to belabor the point and this is my last point on this topic, but given the wording in your initial post, I think it is clear to see how we would think that is your intent. No one would have a problem with you doing something for your own information, that's just sharp shopping.