How many of WHAT are in an ounce?

As far as I know there aren't any "anythings" in an ounce. An ounce is as small as it goes. If you want to know the price of 0.2 ounces you simply multiply the cost per ounce by 0.2. For example, if your fo costs $10.00 per ounce (yikes!) then 0.2 ounces of FO is $2.00 (or one fifth of $10.00 because 0.2 equals 1/5th (or 20% just to make it more confusing)). I know, from your previous posts, that maths isn't your strong suit so if you want anything worked out in that line just pm me and I'd me happy to do the calculations for you. BTW, do you use Excel on your computer because I have work sheet that you may find helpful? Cheers, Maureen

might sound stupid, but how many of WHAT are in an ounce? Its not grams is it? There are how many ____ in one ounce? I am trying to find out what my cost is for 0.2 ounce of FO. Please help, thanks! :grin2::o

If measuring in liquid or medicine 30 cc's = 1 ounce and 2 tablespoons = 30cc's. In weight, 28 gms = 1 ounce. HTH

Hi! Yes I do have excel, I would love that worksheet thanks! :o

As far as I know there aren't any "anythings" in an ounce. An ounce is as small as it goes. If you want to know the price of 0.2 ounces you simply multiply the cost per ounce by 0.2. For example, if your fo costs $10.00 per ounce (yikes!) then 0.2 ounces of FO is $2.00 (or one fifth of $10.00 because 0.2 equals 1/5th (or 20% just to make it more confusing)). I know, from your previous posts, that maths isn't your strong suit so if you want anything worked out in that line just pm me and I'd me happy to do the calculations for you. BTW, do you use Excel on your computer because I have work sheet that you may find helpful? Cheers, Maureen

When determining the amount of additives by weight to add, I had to do some figuring as shown below:

1 LB wax = ~448 grams

so if you are adding .5 to 1% Vybar as recommended, multiply the number of grams of wax by the percentage listed. (0.005 or 0.01)

.5% = 2.24 grams per lb. To calculate larger quantities, multiply this number by the total weight in pounds ... i.e. 5 lbs = 2.24g * 5 = 11.2 grams of additive. If you want to add 1% by weight it would be 4.48 g/LB.

To convert grams back to ounces for larger batches divide the number of grams by 28...making 11.2 grams equal to .4 ounces or just under a half of an ounce.

now, when it comes to converting fluid ounces to weight...I haven't tackled that yet. Any one else have an answer?

To anyone who would like a copy of my spreadsheet, simply pm me with your email address. I am currently updating it to suit the American/Canadian market as you guys seem to buy stuff by the pound but use it by the tsp or ounce whereas I buy and use everything by the gram. Cheers, Maureen