Wholesale Account vs Website

R.S.

Hi all, I'm getting close to the point of incorporating and selling. But want to understand how ppl handle the following situation:

1. You gain a wholesale account.

2. you have a website of your own.

3. Do you dictate the price that the retailer sells your candle at? ( I would think the answer is no)

4. Do you put your website on the label of your wholesale acct candles?

5. What is the relationship of the store retail price vs web site price?

6. do retailers get upset if web site price is lower?

7. do retailers get upset if web site is on candle label or box?

Thanks in advance for any information you share.

- I have my retail site set up where they need to click to get to the wholesale website. They create an account and start shopping immediately.

- Yes, much easier that way.

3. Do you dictate the price that the retailer sells your candle at? ( I would think the answer is no)

- No, let the retailer sell it at a price they are comfortable with.

- Yes, on all wholesale products.

- Doesnt matter to me. I've never had an issue with this.

- Not applicable.

- They know that they are purchasing wholesale. Our information is on every wholesale item. If they dont want our information they need to sign up as a private label account. Terms are totally different.

Hi all, I'm getting close to the point of incorporating and selling. But want to understand how ppl handle the following situation:

1. You gain a wholesale account. Not sure the question here.

2. you have a website of your own. Yes.

3. Do you dictate the price that the retailer sells your candle at? ( I would think the answer is no) No.

4. Do you put your website on the label of your wholesale acct candles? By law, you have to have some identifying information somewhere on the product. Many do private labels, I don't. If a private label is requested, you still need to include (usually on the warning) that you are the manufacturer. In my case, that's my identifier along with location.

5. What is the relationship of the store retail price vs web site price? Varies. Since most of us don't dictate to wholesalers what their price is, depending on the store/location/hours, etc. there are too many variables. Outright web sales should be costx3 on average and wholesaling should be costx2 with a set minimum order.

6. do retailers get upset if web site price is lower? Not that I've seen since you have to add in shipping anyways if they were to order on the site.

7. do retailers get upset if web site is on candle label or box? See labeling notes above. No one I deal with (which I must say is hardly anyone at all) requested private labeling. This is something you need to either set in stone, or allow the wholesaler to decide. Some will, some won't.

Thanks in advance for any information you share.

Many of the questions you asked are really set by you and your situation. What works for me in small scales may not work for other chandlers here that sell by the thousands versus my tens at a time to an account. At this time, in my newness, I can't set a minimum limit of 100, but I can set 20. I also do not do private labeling as at this time, I'm not willing to.

Locations can mean a lot as well. What works in Oregon may not work in Colorado, California, New York, etc.

- I have my retail site set up where they need to click to get to the wholesale website. They create an account and start shopping immediately.

- Yes, much easier that way.

- No, let the retailer sell it at a price they are comfortable with.

- Yes, on all wholesale products.

- Doesnt matter to me. I've never had an issue with this.

- With my retailers, their overhead is much higher than mine (have their own storefront, personnel, etccc) so they demand a higher price on my candles. I sell for $7, they sell for $10.99, and that works for them and doesn't bother me either.

- They know that they are purchasing wholesale. Our information is on every wholesale item. If they dont want our information they need to sign up as a private label account. Terms are totally different.

Ditto, with a note on Question #6.

Also, Federal Law requires that the consumer knows who to contact about the product. I put my website, City and State.

Carrie