A soaper's dream day

UPS delivered 40 lbs of lye AND my order from The Scent Works. Couldn't have been better unless they would have delivered my Upland but I ordered it only a week ago.:yay: :yay:

40 lbs of lye!! Whoo Hooo that is a lot of soap for you to be able to make. What scents did you get? If you get on their mailing list, they always have good sales. :highfive:

Couldn't wait for the sale and I am on the mailing list but I have a list going for when I get the email. :yay: I had to order Sanguigno Orange & Patchouli, Lemon Verbena, Green Irish Tweed, some cocoa butter for making goatmsmilk soap and lemon balm leaves. Sanguigno is in the mold and ready to be cut as we speak:drool:

I have not tried any of those but they sound intriguing. Don't forget pics. :drool:

I love, love, love their Moonlit Honeysuckle and Et Une Rose in soap. Even though their notes say that the MH moves fast, it was well behaved for me.

For a great honeysuckle at a cheaper price you have to try Peaks. Very strong & heady and the scent sticks forever in CP soap.

Pics? Don't know if that will happen or not. Depends upon how the swirlies turn out. All I can say for now is that the swirls are neon orange and brown with a white base. But I am in love with the scent;)

For a great honeysuckle at a cheaper price you have to try Peaks. Very strong & heady and the scent sticks forever in CP soap.

Does the Peak honeysuckle accelerate? I cannot get the Moonlit Honeysuckle to behave and I soap with a slow recipe and EVERYTHING at room temp...

The Sanguigno Orange & Patch is TDF

Mysticglow .. how did you color yours? I couldn't make up my mind so I just started to heat my oils telling myself I would come up with something when I got to that point. Next time I may layer some natural colors because that neon orange screams a bit too bright. Isn't the scent wonderful? Really makes me drool:drool:

Mysticglow .. how did you color yours? I couldn't make up my mind so I just started to heat my oils telling myself I would come up with something when I got to that point. Next time I may layer some natural colors because that neon orange screams a bit too bright. Isn't the scent wonderful? Really makes me drool:drool:

I left the base soap uncolored but the fragrance oil turned my soap yellow. I only added an orange swirl. I hope it changes after it gels cause I'm not digging the yellow at all. After seeing yours, my soap looks pretty drab. Making a note to add a brown swirl next time. :grin2: