Storing Cured Soaps???

8-GRAN-ONES

Just wondering once soaps are cured..how is the best way to store? Is air tight bins good? or would it cause moisture..Or should I store in a card board box,,like a shoe box?

Also does it hurt to store them together..or should they be seperate? so the Fragrance's don't blend?

You can store them in plastic shoe boxes or in the cardboard ones. I just store mine on a shelf, out in the open. I keep them pretty much separate but right next to each other. The times I've stored in shoe boxes, I always kept them separate.

I have reached the point where they stay on the curing racks until I package and take to a show or my monthly market. In the beginning I tried to store in the individual plastic type shoeboxes with holes drilled in them. Too much trouble going through all of those to get what I needed. For taking to shows I use the rigid plastic red coca cola trays that I got when I purchased some bottled drinks from a school fund raiser. They stack and are perfect for me.

I am fortunate to have two of the large metal shelf units on wheels with mylar looking shelf liners from Sams at less than $80 each. They hold a bunch of soap and soap supplies.

I store mine in cardboard boxes.

If you sell and sell at a fairly consistent rate you should be fine just storing them on curing racks, but for me, since mine is mostly personal use and I only really sell in the fall (but make all year long) I find that if I leave them out in the open too long (like say a couple of months) they get a slight film of dust along the top that is pretty gross. LOL (even for personal use) So since I discoverd that I keep them in a cardboard box with no problems, and even if they are different scented soaps, once fully cured I don't find that there is scent transfer.

My husband owns a janitorial service that cleans banks. The very best (and free!) soap storing system I have are quarter (or any of the coin) boxes. The banks throw them out daily. I even use them for shipping smaller orders. You can turn them inside out for that.

I also use them as molds for my soap classes so they would be great for a newbie soaper looking for a mold.

I store all my scents seperately.

Thanks...I don't sell either...I make for just personal use...and friends and family..( I do charge something to friends and family) or I couldn't keep making...

So sometimes I do have some much longer than the two month cure time...

I was thinking of putting them together, so I am glad I asked, it seems the majority is, don't put them together..

I right now have them in cut in half flat rate postage boxes..but I will say...it dosn't make a very pretty presentation...

We have a lot of banker type boxes that we use. They easily storeo on top of each other. After the soap has cured, we put each individual soap in a large gallon ziplock bag, zip 1/2 way, and leave 1/2 open to keep it aired out some what. We try and store similar soap in a banker box. No scent soaps in the same box, complimentary scent soaps in another box, etc. It is amazing how long the soaps retain their original scent by doing this. I have had soap's fragrances remain the same, as they were at cure, for almost a year by doing this. The essential oils work excellent this way.