Pillar sleeves

I did up some of my pillars in the shrink wrap sleeve. They've been sitting beside my bench. I kept looking at them trying to decide if I wanted to go through the trouble and expense of hunting down some of the clear disc dust covers.

It just occurred to me that I'll have to add onto the warning label to remove the label before burning. (before they were wrapped with the cello twisted on top and tied and the label on the package bottom so they'd have no choice about removing it) Today it just popped into my head... would a customer be dumb enough to light the candle while it's still wrapped? BC (before candles) I had no idea how packaging worked. I can honestly see someone thinking why else would the top be open if you were supposed to remove it. Or even hoping to keep the outside neat and clean longer while still enjoying burning the candle.

I've never heard of it happening, but it really makes me nervous now. I guess I will break down and find some covers for my own peace of mind.

Well I'm still iffin' on this too, but I bought the tops. Problem is if the dust kicks up at an outdoor show it's going to get in no matter what. Problem 2 -- if it gets a little warm at an outdoor show (since we are known to bake here even in fall, which seems to have gone MIA the last few years), then I'm screwed with dotting any tops ... so I can't decide either.

I remember someone asking the same question a while back

here ya go:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58329&highlight=shrink+wrap

I'm not that concerned with HOW they get it off. I'm concerned that with the sleeves leaving an open top if people ill try to burn the candle with the wrap still on :(

Scented... "dotting any tops"? Is there a problem with heat that hasn't occurred to me? Ok, there probably is, but would you mind stating what problem you're referring to?

If there was not a whole where the wick comes through then they could not lite it. If you want the scent to come through a hole in the top then, make the hole off center. If there is a hole already then put a nice clear label over the hole making sure the wick is laying down. Maybe that would work???:confused:

If there was not a whole where the wick comes through then they could not lite it. If you want the scent to come through a hole in the top then, make the hole off center. If there is a hole already then put a nice clear label over the hole making sure the wick is laying down. Maybe that would work???:confused:

I clear label would work.... assuming I had any or knew what kind to get that would work with my printer, if any...lol. Discs would probably be easier.

Moving the hole is not possible. The sleeves are basically a shrink wrap tube, about 2" taller than the pillar and you split the difference between top and bottom. When you shrink it, it snugs the sides and curls over the top probably a lil over 1/2". I'm not looking at it right now so I can't tell you the exact size. It leaves about a 2" hole on the top and bottom both.

I'm not too worried about sniffing, they can always smell the bottom :grin2:

Yeah, you could solve your problem/worries by putting the label on the top..the customer would not be able to lite it till the wrapping was removed. (and maybe someone will even read the warning label:laugh2: )