From whatever side I look at my wick..

it is never stright in the middle of the candle!:mad: I place them with a wick setter and fix them with wick bars, I always look from above onto the the candle to place the bar exactly where it should be, but whatever I do, the wick is never really centered. Also, when I am sure t is, I look from another side and it seems off the center - well, it always seems off, from whatever angle I look at it. Is it my eyes, is it magic, what is it???

Inez - take your jar and draw around it to make a template. Then measure both ways - from top to bottom and from side to side of your template and get the center, put wick down and draw circle. I drew the lines also. That is where you would want to put your wick. If double wicking just use the center and see how close you want them and then mark. To make it even easier I got a cheap, thin sponge - about a 4x4 from dollar store and cut hole in it for the jar and place the sponge on top of paper template and then you don't have to look to be sure jar lines up with paper. I took my sponge and make a little mark where my lines were on paper template and then line them up.

Hope it makes sense, sounds more complicated than it really is and not as time consuming as it sounds. I use hot glue so I didn't try the wick setter. hth

Grama, I did the same thing, only with a compass. I measured the bottom of my jar and set the compass to half that (as the point of your compass is the center of the circle) and drew the circle on paper. Then I measured the diameter of my wick tab, and set the compass to half of that. Using the same hole for the compass point I drew another circle in he middle of the first. I line up the jar with the larger circle and use the smaller for a "target" for my wick tab. I like Grama's idea of the sponge to help keep the jar in the same position every time. I will have to try that!

Happy Wicking!:grin2:

If it's centered, it will look off center from the top. :D It's an eye perception thing. Well, if you are looking at it on a table or such. Templates are great!

When my wax is melted it looks off-centered from every angle. But once the wax sets up my wicks are centered.

Hi guys, I'm very new myself, only started about a month ago, but the idea of a template never occurred to me:embarasse . Thanks for the great tip, I'll give it a go myself tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.