Customs Forms?

I have someone in Canada who wants a few samples of my soaps. I've only sent international before as a gift (and they were!!). If I put merchandise - soaps and the value, do I need to do anything else? What will happen on her end?

You can send them as "Samples - No Commercial Value" the same way you do a gift. I don't think that is a specific option but you can type it in. Do it through USPS.com

But if they like them and want to purchase then you will have the customs issues I think.

Yes, PLEASE use USPS, not UPS or Fed-Ex, or you'll have to pay brokerage fees which are huge.

When you are shipping from the states to Canada via UPS or Fed-ex. The person who is receiving the item has to pay the brokerage fees.

Pam F

I have someone in Canada who wants a few samples of my soaps. I've only sent international before as a gift (and they were!!). If I put merchandise - soaps and the value, do I need to do anything else? What will happen on her end?

Even if you put the value of the product that you are shipping, the receiver rarely has to pay a fee when they pick up the order. Even you have to pay a fee with Canada Post it is a 5.00 fee and sometimes the taxes on the product. But with all the parcels that I receive via Canada Post that originated in the States there has only been 1 time that I had to pay any extra fees.

Pam F

When you are shipping from the states to Canada via UPS or Fed-ex. The person who is receiving the item has to pay the brokerage fees.

Pam F

Very true. But when Fed-Ex screws up, and delivers the package W/O collecting the brokerage fee......then tries to collect it from the recipient after the fact.......and the recipient DOESN'T pay......it becomes the responsibility of the shipper.

$60 later, ask me how I know. :mad:

Even if you put the value of the product that you are shipping, the receiver rarely has to pay a fee when they pick up the order. Even you have to pay a fee with Canada Post it is a 5.00 fee and sometimes the taxes on the product. But with all the parcels that I receive via Canada Post that originated in the States there has only been 1 time that I had to pay any extra fees.

Pam F

Then you've been lucky Pam lol...when I get my oils from suppliers in the US, I get charged tax/duty based on the value they put on the parcel when it's delivered to me. The only time I don't have to pay is when the value is 20.00 or under.

Very true. But when Fed-Ex screws up, and delivers the package W/O collecting the brokerage fee......then tries to collect it from the recipient after the fact.......and the recipient DOESN'T pay......it becomes the responsibility of the shipper.

$60 later, ask me how I know. :mad:

I guess I shouldn't have put Fed-ex in in my reply as I have never dealt with them. My packages usually come UPS, and the one time that my package was delivered and they forgot to collect my brokerage fees they sent me a bill for them.

Pam F