How long before unmolding RTCP?

donna4909

Did a couple of batches of soap yesterday. I normally do CPOP, and unmold the next day, But this time I tried RTCP, and didn't allow them to gel. How long will it take for this to harden up enough to unmold and cut? It's been 24 hours so far, and it's just a little firmer than Crisco.

Recipe was Crisco, Coconut, Babbasu, Shea Butter, and Castor, so mostly hard oils.

LOL...Until they are hard enough to unmold.

I don't usually stop gel so my RTCP is always ready in 24 hours. Give it another day or two, if it's not hard enough you might want to remove it gently and let then entire slab/log air dry a bit longer before cutting.

If they didn't gel - 3 days especially if they are milk soaps.

All my soaps are 100% fresh goat's milk and I've never had to wait that long. Most are unmolded within 24 hours and my castile is 48 hours. I also use a 38 to 40% lye solution. :cool2:

For my milk soaps I tend to do a 33% lye solution which makes a big difference. Plus soap realy cool and then I keep things REALLY cool which slows it down more. If I don't refrigerate then I get gel. If I do refrigerate sometimes it gels anway.