Packaging M&P Soaps

SherriLynn

Currently I package my soaps in cello. I'm selling my soaps almost as fast as I'm making them so they don't get much of a chance to sit around.

I'm using Peaks M&P's blends. I'd like to make soaps ahead but I'm not sure how long they will last on the shelf. Does the soap start to discolor after sitting so long?

Also, does anyone shrink wrap M&P or is it too soft?

At a rennaisance faire I was at the other day, one of the booths had soaps in little cotton, natural colored (or uncolored, probably), drawstring bags and then their round label stuck on the front. It was cute, but may be a little rustic for some. I wish I'd opened one of the bags and looked at the soap; now I wonder if it might've been shrink wrapped or uncolored too keep from getting the cotton bag soggy.

There are companies that sell soaps made from melt & pour, and I'm sure they keep a stock made up. I wish I could remember some of them now so you could search for them and maybe see their packaging if it's pictured. One was in Australia and made some gorgeous stuff. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I'm hoping someone will read it and know what company I'm talking about and post it. :D

Darbla

I wrap tightly in saran wrap to store, then put the whole thing in a box to sell. I'm thinking of doing something different with less packaging, just not sure what yet. I store mine in Rubbermaid shoe boxes.

Lush is a big M&P seller and they keep their stock out in the open, not wrapped at all and don't seem to have a problem.

Forgot to mention, the only discoloration I've had is from heavy vanilla FOs (like KY's Toasted Marshmallow!), and that was expected. Toasted Marshmallow turned a dark chocolate brown.

I use the soap boxes from Kangaroo Blue.......

Has the cut out so you can smell the soap.....

Do you wrap them in anything first, or just put it in the box?

I used to shrinkwrap my M&P. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it works. The only downside was that if left in the wrap, the bar shrinks a bit from evaporation of the soap so then it doesn't look as nice. I've gone to using paper to actually wrapping mine like little presents. You can't see the soap, but you can smell them through the paper. :)

i shrink wrap mine, ive had some that are at least 5 mth old and havent shrunk or discolored

if youre selling them as fast as youre making them, shrink wrapping is fine and soap boxes are also cute, i rubber stamp my soap boxes so they dont look so plain and put a label on them

Thanks for all your responses... I'm going to try some of those little soap boxes after wrapping.. and maybe a little raffia too. :)

I have a shrink wrapper on order for wrapping baskets.. will give that a whirl too and see if I can make it work...