whole sale to a pool/spa store

I've got a local pool/spa store i use for all my pool needs, and i was joking with the owner today about selling candles. He joked back and said sure bring me a couple samples and we'll talk.

Anyone ever sold to a pool/spa store before? If not what's your opinions on if it'll take off.

I'm thinking 5oz and 8oz apothecary jars and tea lights for spa people.

If I go to buy chlorine I don't think I would be interested in candles. Just the way I am. Candles would seem so out of place in a pool store in my opinion. But what do I know. You can always try it and see.

lots of folks put them around the tub/spa -

I would say pillars and 8oz

I think you have a good thing going. Trust your gut. What woman wouldn't buy a candle when looking in a pool and spa establishment. Heck...I even check them out at Home Depot. :rolleyes2

me:grin2: I have a one track mind.

I'm thinking along a theme line...maybe in tins so if used outside won't break...no glass around the pool. Theme fragrances like Cute Cabana Boy, Ocean or just make up some names...maybe even bug buster candles???

I definitely agree w/ following a theme. It's a unique idea, but don't see why it couldn't work. People w/ pools generally have expendable income ... except me! LOL If it were me, I'd go for some terra cotta 'bug' candles. I add lemongrass & lavender to mine to take off the edge of the citronella. I buy the cloth wicks (for refilling oil burning torches) & wrap them w/ my largest size wick, that makes them burn/stay lit & smoke really well for the outside candles. I have a huge backyard & even my neighbors say it smells great.

Good luck -- Susan.

I'm thinking along a theme line...maybe in tins so if used outside won't break...no glass around the pool. Theme fragrances like Cute Cabana Boy, Ocean or just make up some names...maybe even bug buster candles???

I didn't think about the glass part :sad2: back to the drawing board.

I think that's a great idea, going with a theme. I check out candles everywhere I see them - one, to check out the competition, and two, because I never know when I might find one that tempts me to buy! :grin2: Go for it - I figure anyplace we can get our names out to the community is a good thing.

I have my candles in a boat/cycle/snowmobile shop in central Oregon. They do VERY well there. In fact the owner called me the other day and wanted more candles. I told him he has to wait till testing is done. He is OK with that....he likes the idea of the 6oz tins. Also he is asking about air fresheners....

So anyway anything is possible.

tootie

no glass is definitely a rule around our pool

as far as not looking at candles at the pool store, if its in a store im lookin, no matter what kind of store im in

i love the theme idea, for instance next month is my dd's birthday, she wants the luau, how cute would it be to have flip flop inspired candles set all around!!

we love floating candles in the pool at night after everyone is done trying to drown each other, just sitting in the lounges with beautiful candle light dancing on the pool

good luck with your venture and much success