Candle tins

Does anyone use the 16 ounce tins? I have decided to use them for Lemongrass candles. Have a show coming up soon and thought these would be good for camping season.

I tried the large buckets last year(32 ounces) and way to big. Also had to decoupage 3 times to keep them from leaking. Just wonder if a Large wick or 2 medium wicks? Also should I get the seamless to prevent leakage.I see seamless and others or am I wrong.They all are seamless??Some sites I buy from say seamless and some don't.:confused: Don't want to start the decoupage again on these too.

Any Help please,

LynnS

Thank You Dolphin

I hope the company near me has them(seamless).I didn't see that but will double check. Hate to pay shipping but then again driving isn't much better. Maybe find a place in OHIO that sells at wholesale and shipping won't be so bad.If they use USPS that would be ideal with flat rate boxes.

Off to do some searching.

LynnS

What does the lemongrass do in regards to taking them camping? :confused:

Or- did you mean Citronella?

Definitely want seamless, and if a site does NOT state whether they are/aren't, you should definitely call them and ask.

Oh and you'll have to at LEAST double wick these (I've even seen them triple wicked), as they are so wide, I don't even think the biggest wick you could find (besides a rope LOL) would work, and even then like schmoopie stated, it would just be a TORCH! LOL

I have wicked them both ways (double and single)... I still prefer single wicking in general, but go back and forth on this size depending on my mood :rolleyes2 .

But I use 464 with a lower mp and CDs, so it works out.

Do buy seamless. Save yourself a mess. I buy mine from Aztec- they have great prices, but there is a handling fee. :mad:

-Kristi

I found a couple places for tins. Also good ideas on the wicking.

With the double wicking I felt like that would be a torch.That was my reasoning for single wicking and a large wick. I preferred the single wick like logcabinmomma said. I will test both ways. See what is best. For a full melt pool and good burn I guess double wicking is what would work.

Michi,

I hate the smell of citronella. Chemical smell. Maybe some can stand it but not me.This is my reason for lemongrass.It keeps bugs away too and no one wants ants and mosquitos around while camping. I was doing this last year but never got them(32 oz buckets then) finished in time for a show with having to decoupage each one 3 times so never went through with it.This year I will have these done for my next show.

To me anyone should like the lemongrass scent over citronella(since it works). That would be a good selling point. Why breathe that chemical scent when you can have a something safer with lemongrass.

Last year I think I started a theard on this and you might find out more doing a search.Been awhile so I forget everything but I got some responses about the lemongrass scent.I think there are other scents you can add to it but I prefer staying with just lemongrass.