Yummy Mini-cakes

I had to share 'em now that they're all done, they just have to sit and let the meringue dry out.

My mini bath cupcakes. These were fun and they are a sweet little size. Going to have a bear of a time convincing hubby not to eat them.

I had more meringue than cupcakes, since I was just testing out the recipe and only made 10 of them. I just piped out the rest of the meringue into little tops on some wax paper and will have to find a way to attach them to future 'cakes', but I guess thats a bridge to cross when I get there.

Wasn't sure about adding FO to the meringue because I know just how sensitive it can be, has anyone tried it, or do you just leave it unscented?

post-9332-139458446467_thumb.jpg

very cute!!!

ive added fo to my meringue before, not alot, maybe 1/2 tsp

i usually pipe out the rest of my meringue too, i attach it with more meringue, i make just a little bit and use it like glue (spritz the tops of your cakes with witch hazel and then add a bit of the meringue and pop the tops on and press down)

awesome, will have to give that a try next time. and good idea about usiing a lil more meringue to hold it on.

I kinda rushed the first bit of mixing so it was taking longer to get to medium peaks, so I added about a tsp of SLSa to it and it thicked up just right real quick. I'm hoping to get some bubbles out of it, but if anything it should cut the oiliness of the cocoa butter in the cupcakes.:yay:

Louise. I mean meringue. I bought a can of Wilton meringue powder, mixed it with a few tbsp of sugar and 1/4c water n beat the snot out of it then added a couple more tbsp of sugar to get it to medium peaks.

I've read where some ppl's meringue gets too thick and hard to pipe, but I think they're beating it to too thick and dry a consistency. Hard peaks is great for a chiffon cake, but for piping it needs to be just a hair thicker than medium peaks. << can you tell I've done A LOT of baking and pastry work??:lipsrseal