CPOP question

I have not done CPOP in a while, but I ALWAYS covered tightly with plastic. As stated, you have to be careful that the wrap does not touch the soap. I like the Glad Press N Seal, but you have to ensure the the top of the mold is clean and that you stretch to get a good seal.

e

I used to but I got that condensation, plus my soaps always ended up with that "texture" on the top - yanno when the swirl was not level with the base color. I HATE that look. I want a smooooth top and do not like the idea of planing my soaps. If I don't cover I do much better.

using the oven is an iffy thing - sometimes you have to make a lot of batches to get it all figured out - oven temp, how long to leave it turned on, how long to leave it in, cover vs none... and the variations if FOs and recipes that heat up... not to mention how hot your oils & lye are, did you preheat your mold...

It's really the same with regular CP (do I preheat my mold, should I cover, how much insulation, is it good or bad to have it by the window, what about the AC/heat... but because it's a slower process it seems more forgiving to me. PLus if I peek I often have time to change things if it's not gelling or if it seems to be overheating.

I have been doing hpop for a long time here, I do things a bit differently but I used to just stick blend till trace then pour into mold and pop in 170* oven for 2.5 hrs covered with plastic.

Turn off oven and let stay in there overnight and take out to cool in the am

Slice it up

Now I do my whip rebatch which is a bit more tme consuming but I do get a nicer color

Now I leave soap in my stockpot with lid on and pop that in the oven same as before then turn off oven when time is up and wait an hour or so.(sometimes I leave it there till next day hand just reheat.)

Now the fun part

Take pot out and whip with regular regular hand mixer till it's pretty creamy white. then add fragrance ( 1TB per lb of soap) is plenty at this point there is no lye to eat fo

MOLD, Slam out air bubbles let cool SLICE and DONE

I have tried the add a bit of powdered milk to keep it smoother and it does help with the rebatching part.

I think I found that tip on pv soap