Color questions

What color would you suggest for......

Candle Science 'Apples and Maple Bourbon'

'Love Spell' or 'Lovespell' (however they spell it) from anybody

Bramble Berry 'Cedar and Saffron'

'Witches Brew' from anybody (I'd like coal black but from what I understand that's difficult to achieve)

'Mediterranean Fig' or any fig; the figs I've always seen were brown but that doesn't seem very attractive except in a coffee or chocolate candle.

How do I mix an aqua color? Blue and yellow and green?

How about the salmony, pinky color on the inside of a seashell?

Darbla

Candle Science 'Apples and Maple Bourbon' - CS says Red, gold, brown, I would make mine a reddish brown.

'Love Spell' or 'Lovespell' (however they spell it) from anybody - I make mine purple

Bramble Berry 'Cedar and Saffron'

'Witches Brew' from anybody (I'd like coal black but from what I understand that's difficult to achieve)

'Mediterranean Fig' or any fig; the figs I've always seen were brown but that doesn't seem very attractive except in a coffee or chocolate candle. - CS suggest burgandy and browns. Make mine sorta burgandy

That all I know about. Haven't tried other and have no idea what color I would make them:rolleyes2

Apples and Maple Burbon screams redish brown to me too.

Lovespell seems like something maybe a bit darker than lavender

Witch's Brew would be maybe a deep aubergine, maroon-y purple

and Figs i would think something of a tummy dark brown with a hint of red to it.

aqua is a blueish green color, but hard to say exactly what ratio to use, cuase everyone's definition of aqua falls somewhere from more blue than green to more green than blue. Personally my aqua is like the dolphin on the football team's logo.

Not too sure about your seashell pinky color, but maybe pink with a little red or burgundy. worth a guess there hopefully

What color would you suggest for......

Candle Science 'Apples and Maple Bourbon' yes i agree reddish brown

'Love Spell' or 'Lovespell' (however they spell it) from anybody I do mine pink that's what my customers like

Bramble Berry 'Cedar and Saffron' this sounds yummy is it. This one I would do yellowish

'Witches Brew' from anybody (I'd like coal black but from what I understand that's difficult to achieve) Dark Purple is what I do

'Mediterranean Fig' or any fig; the figs I've always seen were brown but that doesn't seem very attractive except in a coffee or chocolate candle. Dark Red or light green

How do I mix an aqua color? Blue and yellow and green? you might be able to get aqua just by using a very small amount of blue alone

How about the salmony, pinky color on the inside of a seashell?

hmmm tough one maybe pink with a tiny bit of tan or I even hate to say it brown.

Candle Science 'Apples and Maple Bourbon' - reddish brown

'Love Spell' or 'Lovespell' (however they spell it) from anybody - light purple

Bramble Berry 'Cedar and Saffron' - lol i make the ugliest color for this - 1 drop purple and 2 green (i think)...it comes out a funkey dark grey

'Witches Brew' from anybody (I'd like coal black but from what I understand that's difficult to achieve) - ??

'Mediterranean Fig' or any fig; the figs I've always seen were brown but that doesn't seem very attractive except in a coffee or chocolate candle. burgandy or dark green

Candle Science 'Apples and Maple Bourbon' BRICK RED

'Love Spell' or 'Lovespell' (however they spell it) from anybody RED

Bramble Berry 'Cedar and Saffron' YELLOW

'Witches Brew' DEEP PURPLE

'Mediterranean Fig' or any fig; BROWNISH

How do I mix an aqua color? Blue and yellow and green? BLUE with a TOUCH of GREEN

How about the salmony, pinky color on the inside of a seashell? Lonestars cinnamon /rust dye is salmon pink with one tiny drop, I had to make candles salmon pink all the time for one of my friends to match her family room walls, LOL:rolleyes2

Karen M

Lonestars cinnamon /rust dye is salmon pink with one tiny drop

I never would've thought that! Thank you so much for that and the other tips!

What color do you guys make 'Goddess' from Old Mill / Tony's? I tried for lavender (1 drop blue + 1 drop red in 1 lb of wax) but it came out more mauve. Not bad, but not what I was going for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For those of you who use Old Mill's 'Baton Rouge', what do you color it? The last time I made it I colored it similar to that picture of a fig candle that ForHisGlory posted, but I'm considering something different this time.

Darbla

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

For those of you who make a patchouli lavender mix, what do you color it? I'm thinking deep purple by mixing black, red, and blue. I don't have purple so I need to mix it.

And speaking of color questions, how many drops of Peak's liquid dyes are too many before it affects the scent? I did a search before asking this, and I found someone saying 16 is the max number of drops of liquid dye she usually uses, and then I found someone else said she's used up to 30 drops. This is different brands, though, and not specific to Peak's dyes, and they weren't in response to questions asking how many is too many.