Bramble Berry Slab Mold

DONNAMAC

I did a search and can't find anything on these molds. I just ordered the 18 bar white birch slab mold. Has anyone got one of these. I thought the price was good,and this will be my first slab mold. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks Eugenia,I don't sell B&B yet, and might not ever. However, I do make a lot of soaps, and think I might like the smaller bars. They really aren't a whole lot different in size. I was curious about how easy the bars come out of the mold. Guess I will find out, my first bars with this is gonna be salt bars.

There was a gal on other forums who used to use this mold exclusively, and I always loved getting her soaps in swaps, trades, etc. They were unique in their shape, sort of her 'signature'...she made them pretty chunky, and I just adored them!

I don't sell B&B either but I do use this mold for my soaps. e is right the dividers need to be "seasoned". I would give the dividers and sides a coat of mineral oil to help get them to slide out. As you use it just rinse all the divider parts don't actually "wash" them. You want that "soap scum" to coat the parts, that will help.

Take care when you put it away that the dividers aren't bent at all. If they do bend a little it's so easy, just put them in a little hot water, and straighten them out.

My DH has a hard time grabbing the big bars of soap, but loves the small chunkiness of these bars. They make it so much easier for him to hold in his hands.

If you do want bigger bars you can leave out some of the dividers, you'll see what I mean when you get it in. You can make really big chunky bars, but DH can't stand those. He drops those kinds of bars, and if it's a salt bar you better cover you ears.

Karen B

Thanks for the tips,Karen.I don't like the real big bars either, or the chunks. I figure if it is only filled half full, it should make the perfect size for me. I plan to coat it with mineral oil and let it sit like that a few days before I use it. I will let you all know how it works.

A friend of mine has this mold and loves it. She did say that the dividers are prone to warp especially if you put the mold in the oven and they can be difficult to get out. She said she uses pliers to grab hold of them to pull them out.

A friend of mine has this mold and loves it. She did say that the dividers are prone to warp especially if you put the mold in the oven and they can be difficult to get out. She said she uses pliers to grab hold of them to pull them out.

And be very careful when you use pliers as the dividers break very easily...ask me how I know this? LOL Even well seasoned they stick. Besides being way to small of bars...mine were always stuck.