Separation with OHP

So I'm trying my hand at OHP, and I'm following AJ's class tutorial.

Does the batter stop trying to separate as it gets closer to being 'done'? I've been just stirring it back in and letting it cook more.

Just tried the bubble/zap test and i got a little bit of bubblage and :spit:ZAP!! well at least I can now say I know what zap is for sure. I know it means I need more cooking on it and am waiting patiently :whistle:.

Of course I'll share pics when I'm all done. Oh man, i just realized I forgot the sugar.. :tiptoe: guess I'll get it next time.

So I'm trying my hand at OHP, and I'm following AJ's class tutorial.

Does the batter stop trying to separate as it gets closer to being 'done'? I've been just stirring it back in and letting it cook more.

Yes, it goes through the same stages as crock pot.

e

I don't know about the separation, but when I did it the other night it looked like it gelled underneath I stired it down and when I checked for zap is was fine and lathered real good. I usually make hubby check it, cuz I'm scared of the zap lol. The sugar makes a huge difference though, makes it much easier to put in a mold.

Thanks E, though the closest to CPHP I've gotten is the tutorial, but at least I have an idea of what your talking about. It did all finally 'come together' and formed a nice slick ball of cooked wax to slap into the mold. I'll get a pic up here in a bit once I make sure the kiddies are all good n put to bed.

soy, i know how you mean about the zap, was scared to try the first time, but figured I had to do it or never know. and I tested it again once it was cool just after I cut my bars and there was no zap, so its good to go.

though I feel like a bit of a rummy and even though I had my FO out, I realized I forgot it as I was in the middle of my marbling...*faint* << felt like this. But I'll look at it this way, I can take pics and give to the fam, rejects are better than nothing and my dad will probably appreciate non-girly smelling soap to wash with.

Yep, you did the right thing, just keep stirring it all back together. And don't worry about the sugar. I've OHP'd for years and never heard of adding sugar. I did try it a couple times after reading it here, but didn't notice any difference....but hey, that's just me.

I used to only OHP and then when I came here and saw all the beautiful CP swirls, I had to try it... it's the CP that I keep forgetting the fo in :laugh2: