no more stinky sneakers?

chiptooth

I can't remember where / which board I saw this one and have done some searching but my eyeballs are giving out. Anyway, someone was asking about oil dry stuff to use as some kind of sachet stuff and there was a link to a place that carried essential oils and a recipe for stuff for taking care of smelly sneakers and other things like to spritz your pillow with for a good night sleep etc. They also had some neat packaging to go with it.

i have no idea what your asking about but I use my Lotus system for my stinky shoes. I use it like a Febreeze on my bedding, sofa,chairs, carpet. Just about anything that can be misted I use the Lotus on. I know it is kind of pricey but it has so many uses that it is worth every penny IMO.

I hope inserting the link is OK.

http://www.tersano.com/

I know this isn't the recipe that you're searching for but I took an herbal class a couple of weeks ago and this recipe was given to use to absorb moisture and oder in any kind of boots or shoes. I haven't had time to try yet. Ginger

Shoe Suffers

2 Cups vermiculite(found in the gardening section of stores)

2 cups unscented, non-clumping kitty litter

1 cup charcoal(found in garden section or with aquarium supplies)1 cup cedar wood shavings or small cedar chips(check pet dept)

1 cup lavender flowers

1cup baking soda

1/2 cup eucalyptus leaves, broken into small pieces

1/2 cup mint leaves

1/2 cup rosemary leaves

Mix together all ingredients in a 1-2 gallon zipper loc bad. Keep in airtight container until ready to use, as this is highly absorbent and will take up moisture.

To use, put about 3/4 cup of the mixture into two 4x6 inch muslin drawstring bags or some similiar tightly woven bag. Tie closed and place one in each shoe or boot. Keep the bags in the shoes/boots anything you're not wearing them. The materials will absorb any moisture and oder and will last for a year or more and the pleasant fragrance will be a welcome addition to your closet.

I put my shoes in a plastic bag and put them in the freezer for a day or two. I also put coffee grounds in a little paper towel and wrap it up and place inside the shoes before placing in the freezer. It works everytime. I found that spraying stuff in my shoes only made them get gunky and the smell would come back faster as it was only masking the odor. With freezing the shoes you kill the bacteria and it takes more time for the shoes to get stinky again. I also do a treatment of soaking my feet in straight Listerine for about 20-30 minutes. I pour the LIsterine into a plastic tub and just soak, it feels really nice on the feet and makes them very soft. My feet won't sweat or stink for a couple weeks.

Neat.. I'll have to try this for myself. I am a dental hygienist and the one office I am in is a very slow office and we have Listerine flowing out of the supply closet. I am still searching though for my notes on the other stuff for in the shoes. I will be sure to post when I figure it ou.

I found it...It was posted on here. Sachet beads were purchased from the candlemakers store and there was a link further down the posts for aromathyme with the recipe. I googled for sneaker sachets, found aromathyme then did a search here with aromathyme and found the original post. Oh what a happy day!:laugh2::yay: :rolleyes2