Is this a good deal????

pjb31apb

I fully agree with Jbren. Read the fine print on the bottle. There have been problems with OO being cut with soy oil and selling it as pure OO.

I saw a huge bottle of Olive oil at the Dollar store but when I looked at the label it was actually a blend and I didn't buy it!

Fire

:embarasse :embarasse :embarasse So does that mean that my soap is no good? Is there any way that it can be fixed? I am so mad at myself for not looking closer. I assumed that because there wasn't an actual ingredient list that it was 100% OO but you guys were right. It is a soy blend.

Oooooh, that sucks! That happened to me once and I had to return 3 big containers of oil. When I told the store it wasn't straight olive oil they looked at me like I was crazy until I showed them! I never got mine into soap, though! Does it say what the percentages are in the blend? (of soy to olive)

Nope is just says it is a delicious blend of olive and soy.:angry2:

ETA: It was suggested to me to figure on a soap calc the difference between the two oils. Olive pomace has a SAP value of 0.135 and soy is 0.136. In the soap I made today (that I wasn't supposed to be making LOL) I used 6.05 oz of lye. If I had soaped all OOP or soy, I came up with a range of 6.012 and 6.041. So I think mathematically, this means that my soap should be "OK" but a bit more supperfatted that I had originally intended. What do you all think?

It's not going to be a 'bad' soap, it's just going to be softer than if you had used real pomace or OO. You should get a pretty stable lather after cure. Give it a chance...put it away for a while after it's unmolded and go back to it in a month or so...you may be pleasantly surprised.

THat is the plan. I just put it in my bedroom closet and closed the door. Not sure how long I'll be able to hold out though because it is my favorite scent! Citrus blend heavy on the yuzu! LOL!

This was a most interestng foul-up because I never would have noticed that soy and pomace have almost identical SAP values, yet impart such different qualities.

This was a most interestng foul-up because I never would have noticed that soy and pomace have almost identical SAP values, yet impart such different qualities.

We learn by our mistakes and asking questions. I have more than a few batches under my belt, and there are always new things to learn.

No one's method is the right way, the wrong way or the ONLY way.

I'm sure your soap will be fine, and as Meredith said, it will be a nice conditioning bar.