gutters for ez up tents?

When I do shows, 90% of the time I do a 10x20 spot. I started out my "show life" with one tent doing 10x10, and when I switched my set up to a 10x20 I just bought another 10x10 tent (cheap on craigslist) to have coverage for a double space. Most of the time it is fine but when it rains, you can imagine it is SO much fun. :o (yes, that is sarcasm)

Yes, I know...I need a 10x20 tent. :D

But until then, has anyone used one of these:

http://www.hutshop.com/raingutter10.html

Any experience?

Thanks!

Well, I just ordered it. Of course being the ever procrastinator, I had to use expedited shipping, so 20 extra bucks. Oh well... :undecided I did a show in December where it drizzled so much and I was FOREVER cleaning up water off of my shelves and products...had to relabel so much! Water would just sit and collect between the two tents and then KER-SPLASH, all at once. I tried fashioning my own gutter with plastic and clamps, but it was a mess. I will let you know how this one works. I have the heavy duty ezup canopies and the customer service person said they "should" work with every brand. We shall see.... Peace of mind was worth it in this case b/c they are calling for a 30% chance of showers all three days of my show this weekend. Now to just get some swim noodles to prop up the "roof" and I will be good to go!

Cool!

I have no experience with the gutter, but the HutShop , customer service and return policy get rave reviews from me.

I think about doubling every now and then, but that's a big area for one person to cover and I have no helpers.

You can do it Georgia! I do a double by myself. Of course after a two day show I can barely move, lol! I set it up to where my check out booth is at one side and I am able to walk behind my displays (all set up in kind of a long line if that makes sense). I will say my husband usually helps me set up and tear down simply because the display furniture he built is so stinking heavy I cannot move it on my own.

VE, gotta thank you for that website! I just had to look at it to see what a rain gutter on a tent would look like and found zippered side walls for less than $10 each.

I had broken the zipper on one side of my EZ-Up tent a couple of years ago and had been duct taping the tent together when I had to leave it up overnight because the EZ-Up side walls were nearly $40 each.

And to top it off, I ordered the set of four sidewalls yesterday afternoon and checked the UPS tracking this morning--they are out for delivery now! Wow, that's fast service (and that was with the free shipping)! If these walls actually fit my tent and work out, I'll be thrilled for that price.:yay:

Thanks again for the site.

Jane

here's a thought ... if the water gathers in the gutter won't it just pour over on either the front or the back of the tents - or is the set up a little slanted so it goes down the backside?

You might want to have the front portion a little higher so it creates a slant for the water to drain down the back of the 'tent divide'. Does that makes sense?