Mink Oil

MsDammit

HMM I actually like the smell of ferrets.

Now just what do you use mink oil for?

Sally.

I'm not sure what to do with it, I don't want to smell like a ferret, lol. It's listed on soap calc but is all zeros for soap qualities.

Mink Oil - An oil similar to human sebum. It has soothing, conditioning, and protective properties, making it an important component of dry skin products. Mink oil has tremendous spreading capabilities. Miink oil(with 80% unsaturated fats) is the easiest to absorb and most compatible oil for human skin. It is used by many people for the treatment of skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema and acne. It penetrates quickly to the epidermis layer of the skin to help prevent fine lines and wrinkles, and also works as a natural sun screen. The supreme softness,smoothness and moisture-retaining properties imparted to skin are directly due to the special ratio of glycerides contained in Mink Oil.

now dont quote me on that LOL just something i read ..now it may or may not smell like a ferret, but being from '72 i wouldnt be to anxious to use it, might smell like "very old on its last leg ferret" LOL

and how exactly do they get the oil from the mink?

Mink oil is made from the thick fatty layer minks have just under their skins. This fat is removed from the pelt when the mink is skinned and is then rendered into mink oil.