my try at draped layers uggg

It's a very pretty drape, but I think you have the candle upside down. The bottom of the mold while pouring is actually the top of the mold when you take it out. That way you always have a perfectly shaped top.

I tried draped layers a couple of times but I think it takes more patience than I have. I think yours is lovely :)

DanaE

You definately got the draping part down. I'm curious about what kind of wax you're using too. It looks very creamy. Have you test burned any of these new candles you're making?
Wax i Used i bought off my friend who does sales suplys it is called on her site

One Pour Container Parafin Blend

Dang girl, I bow down to you. How in the world did you get it out of the mold so perfectly? I've used container waxes in votive molds without a problem, but never a pillar mold! I can see myself squishing it while I'm pulling it out!

Burning it should be interesting :confused: - Let use know what happens. The one time I used a lower melt point wax in a pillar, the whole thing melted into a puddle (it was actually a votive wax - 4794). You have to take pictures while it's burning.

DanaE

You have nice draped layers.....but I don't understand using container wax for it. That has a very low melp point and I wouldn't think it would burn well in a pillar, but I don't know exactly what wax you are using so maybe it is ok. Let us know how it burns for you. We test our candles and test and test and I still don't always have it figured out. This is just an on going experiment. Good luck. I will try draped layers again. Mine didn't come out the way I wanted. Donita

You have nice draped layers.....but I don't understand using container wax for it. That has a very low melp point and I wouldn't think it would burn well in a pillar, but I don't know exactly what wax you are using so maybe it is ok. Let us know how it burns for you. We test our candles and test and test and I still don't always have it figured out. This is just an on going experiment. Good luck. I will try draped layers again. Mine didn't come out the way I wanted. Donita

i should of took a pic last ight i burned it it burned nice 4hrs it burned for and the scent was nice in it as well so i shouldnt use contair wax to make this ??? ia m so new at all this

i sued the wrong wax i wasnt sure i am so new at all these

I really don't mean to be disrespectful, but you say you are new to these, and yet you already have them on your website? I would think you would test them alot before offering them for sale.

I really don't mean to be disrespectful, but you say you are new to these, and yet you already have them on your website? I would think you would test them alot before offering them for sale.

I am sorry, I have to agree with Terri. You haven't even tested everything you are selling, and you are posting it on your web site for sale? How do you know that all of your candles are properly wicked and will burn properly? You are putting yourself at risk by selling products that you have not thoroughly tested, IMO.

I am sorry, I have to agree with Terri. You haven't even tested everything you are selling, and you are posting it on your web site for sale? How do you know that all of your candles are properly wicked and will burn properly? You are putting yourself at risk by selling products that you have not thoroughly tested, IMO.
i did test this poduct last night after i did add to my site so it has been tested should i add the burn time to the candle on my site

I just saw the other posts to you about testing. Do you know what testing is? I burn my candles all the way down....it takes several days to test one candle. Sometimes I have 8 burning at a time, but it takes time and I have to keep notes. Posting how long the candle burns is a nice thing, but knowing that it will actually be a good burning candle is even better. That is our goal. To have a nice and safe burning candle. Sometimes they look good on the first burn, but then they don't do as well with a second or third burn. I made candles for about 6 years before I had a website. I am still learning and testing, testing, testing. Every time I make a new kind of candle, I have to test them. I have boxes full of candles that have been my test candles. I save them for when we have storms and power outages. Then I get them out of the basement and light them. I don't sell them until I know that they will burn properly and hopefully be safe. I use to carry candles made by a well know large candle company (Colonial). I was burning one on my mantel and all of a sudden the whole thing caught on fire...However it was made, there was a huge air bubble inside (about 6 inches long) so the entire wick caught on fire. If I hadn't been in the room, it could have been a terrible fire. That is why we all do everything we can to test our candles and hope we have done our best to present a quality product to our customers. Let us know how your experiments are going. Good luck. Donita

i did test this poduct last night after i did add to my site so it has been tested should i add the burn time to the candle on my site

I'm sorry if this is taken the wrong way, but burning your first candle for 4 hours is not testing it thoroughly. Especially not when it's a pillar made with container wax. You've said yourself, that you're so new to this you don't even know what kind of wax to use. Honestly, you have no business selling them when you're unsure of how to make them and haven't thoroughly tested them. If you add a little more FO, the wick size needed may change. If you change scents, the wick size may change. You have to test burn, and by that I mean from top to bottom, every wax, wick, FO combination you make. That's going to take a rather long time, having 260 scents offered. More than likely the first couple you'll have to test burn a few of, just to find the right wick for a starting point.

I'm not trying to be mean, nor discourage you. But you seriously need to think about the safety of your customers. You don't want them to lose their life or even their home because the candles weren't tested thoroughly.Have you tested your cupcake bomb before puttin it up for sale? How many times? With that aside, consider the future of your business. If they buy a candle and it just dies out and wont burn, or has a huge flame and soots everywhere, they're not likely to come back and buy more. Honestly, I'd be terrified to purchase one of your candles.

I'm sorry if this is taken the wrong way, but burning your first candle for 4 hours is not testing it thoroughly. Especially not when it's a pillar made with container wax. You've said yourself, that you're so new to this you don't even know what kind of wax to use. Honestly, you have no business selling them when you're unsure of how to make them and haven't thoroughly tested them. If you add a little more FO, the wick size needed may change. If you change scents, the wick size may change. You have to test burn, and by that I mean from top to bottom, every wax, wick, FO combination you make. That's going to take a rather long time, having 260 scents offered. More than likely the first couple you'll have to test burn a few of, just to find the right wick for a starting point.

I'm not trying to be mean, nor discourage you. But you seriously need to think about the safety of your customers. You don't want them to lose their life or even their home because the candles weren't tested thoroughly.Have you tested your cupcake bomb before puttin it up for sale? How many times? With that aside, consider the future of your business. If they buy a candle and it just dies out and wont burn, or has a huge flame and soots everywhere, they're not likely to come back and buy more. Honestly, I'd be terrified to purchase one of your candles.

oh np yes i have tested the cupacke candle i am not takign anythign the wrong way i need to know this

i need to added a bigger warnign label to the cupakce to let them know to remove liner..i so understnad and will be testing stuff better now