What are you making this weekend?

LovelyLathers

I'm planning on trying bath marshmallows and bath cupcakes, and working on my bomb swap goodies.

Also plan on pouring more of my wickless candles, need to work on making some of my scents as cute as they were in the containers. Should be interesting.

What are bath marshmallows? I never heard of them.

I found em over on the Soap Dish forum, look interesting and not quite sure how different they are than the cupcakes, since I haven't dug up a recipe for them yet.

Originally they are a Lush product http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/02155?expand=Bath and one of the girls wanted something similar, so they whipped something up for it, and molded them in dixie cups to get em shaped more like marshmallows.

http://www.soapdisharchives.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39373&hl=marsh*&st=25

post #47 is the final recipe she came up with.

I'm hoping they really do the melty thing like a marshmallow in hot cocoa, n if not, at least I'll have nice soft skin and a few baths to plan for.:drool:

Wild, Send the rain my way, save me from having to water the lawn... you can do what my crazy old neighbor used to do, stand on your porch and hollar at the clouds til they go away...:D

No soaping for me this weekend. We have the Heritage Festival this weekend, our biggest Spring show. Keeping our fingers crossed that all this nasty rain moves on and we get a nice day tomorrow. Good luck to everyone with shows/markets this weekend!

Rena

GOOD LUCK!! Have lots of sales & great weather.

Good luck to everyone with shows, I hope they all go well.

This weekend for me, not much soaping or candlemaking going on.

I need to clean this hole, and do laundry and I think I'm coming down with something so I'm gonna be lazy and spend my time I'm not up doing housework on the couch. LOL

Thanks for good wishes! They worked wonders. Weather was gorgeous with a nice breeze off the river and the crowd was in a spendy mood. Not as big a group as usually attends but we still cleared $700+. Hope everyone had as good a weekend, if not better :D .

I'm glad the weather worked to your favor. Nice to see that you made some money also! So many are complaining that the shows this year have not been to good.

I did a 5# Dead Sea Mud Soap. Swirled the top with the mud as it was in a slab mold. Came out very nice but the swirl didn't go all the way through. Oh well, I'll know to either do some ITP swirling as well as top swirl or pour a a slightly thinner trace. I'm really loving this Misty Creek Mold I just got!:D

Fire

I'm soaping this weekend.

So far I've soaped SW Oakmoss and Green Irish Tweed, OT Lime Sugar Supreme and DS Axe Touch

Next up will be SC True Rose and Coconut Lemongrass :drool:

The Lime Sugar sounds great! How did it come out? I have never tried OT, I guess I am going to have to check them out.

I did a 5# Dead Sea Mud Soap. Swirled the top with the mud as it was in a slab mold. Came out very nice but the swirl didn't go all the way through. Oh well, I'll know to either do some ITP swirling as well as top swirl or pour a a slightly thinner trace. I'm really loving this Misty Creek Mold I just got!:D Fire

I love my Misty Creek too. I have learned to pour at a thinner trace to get the swirls I want.

Scented, I always make a mess when I make lip balms, I hate making them but they sell well, it sounds like Rockin has had a good show.

I love my Misty Creek too. I have learned to pour at a thinner trace to get the swirls I want.

Aren't Misty Creek molds great? I love mine too.

One way I've learned to get the swirls to go all the way through, is to swirl in layers. It takes a little longer, but the results are nicer. Just pour a layer of your main batch, then a small amount of your swirl batch, swirl, then pour more of your main batch and then some swirl portion, swirl and so on. I usually do 3 layers like this. If I don't have time for this, I start with a zig-zag pattern first - for some reason that tends to push the swirl portion down into the soap...

Anyway, just thought I'd give some of my experience. :)

Scented, I always make a mess when I make lip balms, I hate making them but they sell well, it sounds like Rockin has had a good show.

Well I have one of those lip balm trays so it isn't as messy any more, but I have loads of other messes (website is at the top of the list).

We're not far from doubling up what we did there a year ago. Even if nothing sells today, we far exceeded last year. Dunno what's up with that, but not going to complain! LOL!

Scented, I have trouble with the tray, is there a secret? My tops are always a mess or the sink hole is very evident and when I add more the top is too high.

So far on my list of to do things I have only gotten to do the mud mask :undecided . I really had hoped to do more. I got a new tent so had to put it up and figure it out before next weekend. I had to play around with it for my banner, also they asked us to decorate the booths because it is the 30th anniversary of the Daffodil fest. I had a tough time with that. I also had tons of labeling to do, pricing and just odds and ends to finish so that is done. I also had to clean out my boxes from last season, surprising how much junk accumulates at the bottem of those bins! But I did find lots of goodies on the bottom, New price tags, soap dishes I have been looking for, foot files, HAnd knitted wash clothes, a few containers I was missing.

The tray. Well my 1/4 batches makes between 25-30 balms (unless I pull out enough to make a tester supply.) I drizzle into the holes, expecting the tops to overflow. There's about an 1/8 of an inch or probably way less that sticks out. You can do a couple of things with that (I think I've decided not to mess with the overfill unless removal causes me to do so.) I use a scraper to get the residue off. I notice the cooler I pour the less the holes, but by the time I'm done pouring they have started to set up. I zap with a heat gun or I just add a little bit more. When I scrape off the tops, some of the holes fill in. I get as much off and hit again with a heat gun for smoother tops, remove when cool, cap and label etc. I know if I don't pull straight out, some of the balm will stay on the mold. If it's really bad, I just remove the excess with the back side of a butter knife and hit with a heat gun to make it smooth.

I gotta tell ya, I like those molds lol! At least the balm splatters are easier to clean up, no mess down the side of the tube and having to use alcohol to get the greasy feel off.