First show this weekend

Well, it is finally the weekend of my first craft show and I am excited and nervous. With gas prices just going up, I am afraid people won't be buying, but who knows.

I made gift sets in 2 and 8 oz sizes with lotions, wash, and body spray. The 8 oz size will have a body pouf and be in a vinyl bag. The 2 oz are in a shrink wrap bag with a raffia bow tied on it.

I have been working my butt off for the past two weeks just trying to get stuff finished. It hasn't been a good year so far with sales for me, so I am hoping this will kick start things for the rest of the year.

I will post pics probably Sunday sometime.

Steph

Best of luck to ya! I hope you do well!

I have a show next weekend that I am SO unprepared for. I keep getting hit with wholesale stuff, which is great, but I really have to bust butt this weekend and next week to get up and ready for the show. I am already cringing over the lack of sleep I am going to have. I am like you about being a bit nervous on what folks will spend. Gas prices alone are concerning, every time you turn on the radio/tv the media is gushing gloom and doom about the economy!

Good Luck to both of you on your shows. I was hesitant last weekend to set up at the local flea market - for nothing. I didn't have the traffic that I was expecting, and those that were buying were selective, but they still bought (mainly vendors too). I know the craft shows that I am set up for in the next few weeks will be even better than that, because for the most part the flea market is looking for a bargain, they don't have to have handmade.

BTW - For the first time I started offering a "3 for" special to make people think they were getting a bargain - and it worked.

Good luck again!

Carlee

I hope you have a great show. Remember to smile, interact with people and make it fun, you will do great!!! First time shows are always stressful. I have one of my biggest shows of the year next week. Have been doing that one for 4 years and still get butterflies for a couple of weeks before in fact I have been doing shows for 30 years with different crafts and still get stressed about them.

Well, I have a pretty good spot, one of the first tables you see as you come through the doors. However, caty-cornered to me is Home Interiors and Avon, so that may be the only bad part. To see them, though, you have to look to the left as soon as you walk in the door. I know the promoterm, so I got a pretty good table, I think! It was a bit stressful trying to fit everything onto 1 table, but we did it and I think it looks nice. I will take a picture in the morning so I can post on here.

Just a few things to finish up in the morning, but I think I am going to bed for a good nights rest!

Steph

Well, I didn't do too bad for my first show. Fee was $20 and I made about $80 after taking it out. There was one other handpoured candle maker and one MP soap maker. Most of the people I talked to did around what I did, for the smaller items. Lots of people, hardly anyone was buying, though.

My largest sale was $12.25, but being it was my first show, I figure people were just trying and maybe they will be back to buy again. I got rave reviews on my scents (Mostly from BW), so that is promising.

My next venture will be home parties, so we will see how that goes.

BTW, I didn't sell any of my gift sets! Oh well, I will take them back down to the salon I have my things in and hopefully they will sell there.

Steph

I did a show last weekend, 130 vendors, lots of traffic, few sales. This economy is really taking a toll on people. I barely made the fee; it was a total waste.

Today I was one of 20 or so vendors at a county sponsored Green Day Fair and did fairly well. These customers were scrutinizing my labels for ingredients and liked what they saw. I have another green county event tomorrow, so I packed up from today and left it there in the car. It seems that going for the earth friendly crowd is a good move for me. I am pleased to be known as a Green Vendor.

Steph, you never know what a show will bring. Getting out there and doing it is great experience! I too had the challenge of cramming all my products onto one table.

Best of luck to you and congratulations for getting your feet wet!

e