Coco's Whipped Piggy Scrub

coco

I have received quite a few pms for this recipe. Inexpensive, stays whipped and creamy,rinses clean, and feels incredible. SLSA can be added to make it slightly foamy if you so desire..

Coco's Whipped Piggy Scrub

32 oz. Makes 7-8 8 oz. jars after sugar is added

Ewax 9% 81.65 g.

Stearic 8% 72.58 g.

BTMS 2% 27.22

Coconut Oil (76 degree) 18% 163.30 g.

RBO 14% 127.01 g.

Castor Oil 14% 127.01 g.

Hydrogenated Soybean Oil 14% 127.01 g.

Lard 18% 163.30 g.

FO 1%

Preservative 1%

Plain white sugar as desired

Melt all but the castor, RBO, FO and preservative. Add the castor and RBO (I warm with 2 15 sec bursts in the microwave before adding). Mix on lowest speed for 1 minute (I use a KA to mix, but a standard hand mixer works just as well. Be sure to use a large bowl as it does splash at this point). Add FO and preservative, mix thoroughly and place in the freezer for 15 mins. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for another minute. Place back in the freezer for 15 minutes, rinse and repeat until it turns white and reaches the consistency of a light lotion (this part is daunting but it's worth it). Once it reaches this point, it should now start whipping up and will double in volume. When it resembles a creamy, dreamy, yummy frosting, you can now start adding your sugar cup by cup until you are satisfied with the texture. Scoop into jars and place the jars in the refrigerator for about an hour (not necessary but they do really set up nice this way).

Tried and true subs:

Coconut Oil: PKO

RBO: AKO, Grapeseed Oil

Hydrogenated Soybean Oil: Crisco

BTMS: Up Ewax to 10% and add 1% cetyl alcohol

No, they are not the same. Crisco is soybean and cottonseed oil (or if generic is simply "vegetable shortening") and lard is (shh) piggy fat. Both can be found in the grocery store. No sub for the cetyl, if you don't have BTMS or cetyl you can leave them out altogether and up the ewax to 10% and stearic to 9%. A bit of a different feel but it works.

Hmm.. I suppose you could stop whipping it at the point where it turns to a light lotion, add the sugar and funnel it in. I would leave a little room in the tube and then shake shake shake.

That is what I was wondering too. I will give it a try later today. thanks. I am making lavender vanilla and pink sugar. Was thinking of using a sea type or herbal type scent since it is a salon but needs to smell good on the body.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...