One Pour Soy

Hi All

I currently use Ecosoya, and no matter what I do with it, it's not one pour for me. If I pour just once, even if it sets up beautifully, there is ALWAYS a cavity near the wick that sucks down the entire meltpool, which in turn exposes too much of the wick and destroys the candle. I always have to poke relief holes and then heat gun the tops smooth.

This amount of work is restrictive when doing wholesale accounts, but I have been told by one of my accounts that they will ship in a new wax for me as it will increase my production rate.

SO....what's REALLY a good one-pour wax? I really don't want suggestions as to how I can improve CB-135, or replace with any other Ecosoya product - I'd like a totally different wax. Over here in the UK we only get one sort of wax - which is Ecosoya, so if someone is going to pay to ship me a new wax then I want to try different ones.

What's your experience with any other wax? I was thinking about Golden Brands 464. Are there any other waxes out there that are truly one pour? they have to be soy waxes, not blends. Wouldn't even mind palm wax, but not a feathering/star/frost one, more of a palm fat wax if available.

Thanks in advance,

Nat

is 464 definately one pour? Does it have good glass adhesion?

Thanks!

If you are having trouble with CB 135 being a one pour then you will have trouble with 464 too because in my opinion they are very similar.

I have been pouring CB135 for going on three years now and have never had to do repours. I have been testing the 464 and do not have to do repours with this wax either.

there is ALWAYS a cavity near the wick that sucks down the entire meltpool

This sounds more like an issue of how the candles are poured and cooled. What temp are you pouring? Are you pouring into warmed jars? Are you allowing the candles to cool sloooowly and evenly?

On the same note, does anyone know of suppliers of palm wax that ISN'T fancy? I mean like a palm-fat wax which looks like soy when it sets up - without all the feathering/starburst/glass glow stuff?

I'd like to try other waxes, like rapeseed and palm that were not crystallizing - but wouldn't know where to start trying to find that sort of wax.

Jakealex - I hear you - but if it's no different then I guess it's not really hurt to try it. I'm just gonna try as many waxes as possible seeing as I don't have to pay to get them shipped here!

Nat

Nope, but if you mix it with soy, the crystal pattern goes away. You can also pour the crystallizing palm waxes cool and there will be no crystals.

I'm just gonna try as many waxes as possible seeing as I don't have to pay to get them shipped here!
Wow, that must be a sweet deal! If you don't have to pay for shipping, you could just go through the entire supplier-by-state sticky and order something from everyone! Then you could tell us about all the different waxes! :D

Got some samples of golden brands 464 and palm 132 (smooth palm/non crystallizing) from Candle Science so will let you know how I get on with those.

Just some advice on the 464...do not pour this hot! I found that pouring at around 105 degrees or less is better. I pour just as the was starts to cloud.:D