PayPal & UPS Shipping Costs

cmb

I got my first order through paypal and the shipping charges that it established, based on the cost of the order, didn't cover the actual UPS charges, although I am not out that much money.

Would I be better off to charge per wt than by total of order? And, how do you predetermine the range of weights vs. UPS charges so the shipping is covered?

Thanks,

Marie

I'm not sure how their cart works in that respect. I'm sure there's got to be a way to hand off the gross product weight for each item number so that the UPS bit can figure it out from there. It should take the gross weight for an individual item, multiple that times the quantity of the item ordered and then be able to calculate the shipping cost from that number.

I wish I could give you more specifics but my website does things a bit differently. I calculate the the weights and shipping costs before I ever hand off the numbers to the PayPal system, since I don't use their shopping cart function.

I'm not sure how their cart works in that respect. I'm sure there's got to be a way to hand off the gross product weight for each item number so that the UPS bit can figure it out from there. It should take the gross weight for an individual item, multiple that times the quantity of the item ordered and then be able to calculate the shipping cost from that number.

I wish I could give you more specifics but my website does things a bit differently. I calculate the the weights and shipping costs before I ever hand off the numbers to the PayPal system, since I don't use their shopping cart function.

Paypal will not take a weight for each item. You can only set up levels.

EX

1-10$ You might put in 7$

10-20$ $10

20-30$ $12

So on and so forth....

If I was you, I would just figure out the most that 10$ worth of items can weigh and calculate that shipping and then do it for the next level, and then the next. If this wont work, just try the USPS flat rate boxes.