Cranberry seeds

Yes indeed- if incorporated into raw soap.

I've used them as an embellishment on the top, once they've almost finished gelling with no brown. I think Robin uses them as well on top- pictures on her website.

I've found that virtually every botanical/seed will turn after a while. Perhaps d/t the fact of the temp change in the soapmaking process and exposure to air over time. Huge difference in finished product if used as a "garnish" per se- if you use the sterilized versions.

Yes, they turn a blackish color. I thought this would be perfect for my Blackberry Sage soap.. So I added some with some violet Ultramarine. Soap turned out fantastic looking. But my hairy chested hubby started complaining to me that he does not appreciate having to pick/rinse cranberry seeds out of all his chest & pubic hair!!

So, I only use cranberry seeds for external visual appeal nowdays. Hubby is happy now too, lol!

Kelly Bloom

Southern Soapers Fragrances ~ "We Have No Common Scents!"

http://www.southernsoapers.com

Yes, they turn a blackish color. I thought this would be perfect for my Blackberry Sage soap.. So I added some with some violet Ultramarine. Soap turned out fantastic looking. But my hairy chested hubby started complaining to me that he does not appreciate having to pick/rinse cranberry seeds out of all his chest & pubic hair!!

Thanks for this information. I have a hairy hubby and he would be upset too. I guess I won't put any in my soap.

But my hairy chested hubby started complaining to me that he does not appreciate having to pick/rinse cranberry seeds out of all his chest & pubic hair!!

Kelly Bloom

Southern Soapers Fragrances ~ "We Have No Common Scents!"

http://www.southernsoapers.com

Oh, my!! :shocked2: I had not even thought of that. I recently purchased some cranberry seeds.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm still new at this and only thought of eye appeal and exfoliation.

Digit