What to do

Testing a 16 oz apoth,J50,applejack fo 10 %.First tested with two 60z,fizzle out.Testing now with two 62z,been burning for 4 hrs,haven't got a full melt pool,wick has about 1/2 in flame.Should I give it a couple burns to see what it will do.If not where do I go from here,there's not a bigger zinc.lol Hope this made sense,I'm not good explaining anything.:)

Thanks,Anna

I like super strong candles too, but honestly...I don't notice a huge difference in most scents and pretty much don't use an oil if I have to use more than 6%...JMO

With J50...try two of the 93's. I think I used to double wick with those or 104's when I used that wax. If you need some 104's, let me know and I'll send you some.

I use J50 and only need 6%. Liike Trish, I can't really tell a difference between 6 and 10%, except with really light Fos. But if it is that light, I don't use it. There are usually better FOs out there (and I love buying Fos, lol).

As far as wicking, I would burn it longer, because I find that my 16 oz keepsakes often catch up later when the glass gets hot. If you want to try something else, the HTP's also work pretty well for me in J50, but I get more soot than with the zincs. Good luck.

:grin2: I have a 16 oz apoth also, and I used J50 with 1/4 tsp Vybar 260, 1 oz Crisco/lb, 9% Peaks Home for the Holidays, and tried 62z, but it did not melt to the sides. Removed wick, heat gunned till smooth, then tried 2 C-50s, but too small. Tried 2 C-60, and had 3/8" full MP after only two hours! :shocked2: Wicked down to 2 C-55, and though it seems just a bit small, should work.

HTH :cool2:

Keep burning it girl, it'll probably catch up eventually. ;)

I've been testing my 20oz. apoth and was all bummed out with it, finally tried a 1312 HTP, and still it had a bit of hang up (about 1/4" all the way around) but after about the 4th burn, it all caught up, slid right down and that is one clean jar now. :D

I didn't test the 62z as long as the 1312, so it may have worked as well. Just goes to show you should do more than 1 or 2 or even 3 test burns sometimes before giving up on wicks.