Amber Romance

theresa t

I sold some tarts to a lady that were scented Amber Romance and she told me that the scent didn't smell like she thought it would.....said it wasn't as close as she expected it to be to the real thing. I bought the fragrance oil from NG so, are there any other suppliers out there that might have a dupe of this that is closer than NG's that some of you have used? I have never really paid much attention to this scent when I have went into VS due to my favorites being Pure Seduction, Lovespell, and Romantic Wish. So opinions of other suppliers at this point would be great. I wish I could remember what she told me it smells closer to. I have her email so will go check and post it after I find it. TIA for opinions on this one!

**ETA-Jovan Musk is what she said it was closer to than Amber Romance**

I couldn't tell you if it smells like VS or not, but I have some from Aztec that I think smells very nice.

Didn't you want to clobber that lady? That's why I never call any finished product I sell a dupe of anything (well, that plus the trademark issue)--it makes people become too critical of something that can smell wonderful on its own.

I have customers requesting dupes all the time, & I have to explain that there might be 300 different 'versions' of the fo they are asking for. Or they might say I want french vanilla--do you know how many french vanillas are out there? LOL. Drives me crazy!

PamR

Well considering I can only say the scent is what it says on the bottle, yeah, I did think it kind of rude to tell me it wasn't what the bottle says it was. On the other hand, she liked it. I guess it is a catch 22 when you sell something that has the same name as another popular company sells. I don't know what it smells like myself, not tried any of it but, like I said, I can only tell them what the bottle says. I have no idea if it is a "true" dupe or not, it's just that the name is the same.

I got my Amber Romance from Millcreek and I can tell you it is DIVINE to my nose. I keep a lighted soy candle scented with it in my bathroom all the time when I'm at home--the throw is great. However, I don't know how Millcreek's stands up to any one else's.

Trips to a mall to smell the real thing in a VS store might help in making comparisons ... course buying the perfume is probably the ultimate test ... however, quite expensive. Guess those are the options to finding out how one compares to another.

IF I can find a description of the scent, I'll try to find something close to it at one of the suppliers.

Here is what I got from the site of VS with the scent description of all of their scents in their garden collection:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=moreInfo&prnbr=8M-206469&cgnbr=OSFRGWOMZZZ&moreInfoInd=allScents&groupCd= &dispMode=STANDARD&buttonClicked=btn_scent_descript&selColor=

Amber Romance is down about the 9th or 10th one.

Did a little research after finding out what this had in it and bingo! You are so right about the JS....here is the description from them:

AMBER DESIRES - Amber is the rage this year and this oil will not disappoint you! A fabulous blend of amber and Madagascar vanilla, sandalwood and a rich musk. This is an exotic blend that will only add a unique quality to your line. Excellent in soy and safe for bath and body.

Dead on to what VS says it has in theirs! Off to place an order now! Gonna also check out the other ones I carry to see if they are the same with the exact scent descriptions as VS. If so, just might have to do a bigger order or do a huge sample order just to try them out. Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the help! That's the great thing about this board....people are willing to pitch in and help when you need it! :smiley2: