is this right?

chrisasst

Ok, if I buy critters from millcreek, this is what I figured as my price point....

if I buy 6 / $24 = 4.00 a piece

shipping would be 1.63 a piece

FO= (1.5 oz) lets say I have an 8oz bottle that I paid $9.00 for...that would be $1.72 for 1.5oz

wax= .13 /oz x 16 = 2.08

Cello bag =.20

grand total of

4.00+1.63+1.72+2.08+.20 = 9.63 x 2 =19.26

9.63 x 3 = 28.89

so whole sale pricing would be 19.26 and retail be 28.89 ??????

is this correct and who would buy these at this price..

Grant is I can go locally and buy critters, I think someone said the dollar tree sells them, but that would only knock off a few bucks....

anyway....help me understand this please..

$5.63 per bear is rather expensive. Even so, I think of the bears like jars for container candles and only double it. I don't remember the exact breakdown of mine, but I round it off to $20. Baby Bears are $25 because they have more decorations and are personalized with the baby's name. I don't do wholesale so this is the normal price. I don't make a large profit, but that's ok. I make enough to be worthwhile. Since I'm in a rather backwoods locations, I can't charge high society prices :)

Well since wholesale is all about larger quantity so you would need to get your price down one way is to buy larger quanity yourself of your supplies. Or do like Satin says and just double you money and do not mess with wholesaling them.

Oh, forgot to add.... in your cost there you didn't mention a base. Some people may sell them without a base but I would advise against that. I actually glue mine to the plate so they're not tempted to set them on furniture that the FO could damage. I use the glass desert plates from WalMart for $1. I don't triple that price either.

Actually wholesale looks to keystone at minimun plus any ship costs. So if your wholesale cost is $19 + dollars a retailer would look to at least double that plus shipping on the shelf. Pretty pricey I think for the bears from a retailers standpoint.

(But I don't do bears so I am not sure of the going prices on the shelf.)

Wendy

Ok, if I buy critters from millcreek, this is what I figured as my price point....

if I buy 6 / $24 = 4.00 a piece

shipping would be 1.63 a piece

FO= (1.5 oz) lets say I have an 8oz bottle that I paid $9.00 for...that would be $1.72 for 1.5oz

wax= .13 /oz x 16 = 2.08

Cello bag =.20

grand total of

4.00+1.63+1.72+2.08+.20 = 9.63 x 2 =19.26

9.63 x 3 = 28.89

so whole sale pricing would be 19.26 and retail be 28.89 ??????

is this correct and who would buy these at this price..

Grant is I can go locally and buy critters, I think someone said the dollar tree sells them, but that would only knock off a few bucks....

anyway....help me understand this please..

If you read my thing in the classroom list up top, truly in order to do wholesale (IMHO) you need to get your costs down, to be able to compete. Out of the items you have listed, I can do the same for $4.77. Don't forget, you don't have your labor included there. I have a freind in the wholsale biz that wholesales hers for $11.00.

My bears go for $22.99 for the 7.5 and 17.99 for the 6". You might want to try and get your bears from First and Main. That would cut your cost alittle. You could also buy you oil at the 16oz. price. Every little bit helps.