Glycerin........45 grams

Stearic Acid....34 grams

E. Wax......34 grams

Oil.......170 grams

Water........760 grams

Germaben II........4 grams

Fragrance Oil.......To preference

Details:

This is a simple basic lotion recipe easy enough to cut your teeth on or basic enough to easily test a new oil combo. You can cut this recipe in half to test a new oil or to make a small batch. You can double it to make about a half gallon lotion base. Instead of buying lotion base, try this and compare the cost.

I use an 8 cup Pyrex Measuring cup to make lotions and creams. Weigh everything! I like grams for lotions and creams because of the small quantities of some of the ingredients. Start by weighing the water and putting it in the measuring cup. Never use tap water. Weigh each ingredient separately. I like to use a Styrofoam bowl or Dixie cups for each item. Add the Citric Acid, Glycerin, Stearic, & E-Wax to the water. The oils can be any combination of oils and butter you want. If you use cocoa butter, Shea or Mango Butters, melt them gently and allow them to come to near room temp and mix with other oils. The total oil component can be mixed together ahead of time. Before adding the oils to the Water Phase, heat the Water mixture in the microwave for 3 minutes. Stir and repeat until it turns white and you are sure all the E-Wax and Stearic have melted well. Then add the oils and stir together. Use a stick blender to mix your lotion together. I like to come back every 10 minutes or so and whip it again and again as it cools to make a light and fluffy lotion. The lotion will be thin as water when it is hot. Don't worry! It will thicken when it cools. Do not add Germaben until the lotion has cooled to about 100 degrees. You may substitute LiquaPar and add at any temp! You can split this up at this point, color it, fragrance it, and pour into containers. I pour my lotion while still warm enough to be thin. Pour into your bottles and put the lids on. Shark or turn the bottles as they cool to check consistency.

You can make your lotion thicker by decreasing the water or increasing the Stearic Acid.

HTH