soap molds

Debk

What size did you get? TIA

I ordered a slab mold 14" x 15" - yields 24 bars (3.5" x 2.5")

Silvermoon will make the molds according to your specs. Just email Sandra with your dimensions and you'll get a quote back lightening fast. I think it took around 2 weeks or maybe less to get my mold.

I also want to add that the quality is superb. You will not be disappointed.

so, I usually make only a dozen at a time. I think that is a 4 lb. receipe, not sure. I like mine at least 3 inches long and 2 or 2 1/2. How deep do you make yours? about 2 in.? Is 24 a 8 lb. receipe? I want to order her soap mold. I got nizzy's today. small squares, lol.

Yes, the 9 bar would be perfect! I checked out silver moon but I just can't afford to buy a liner and a wood mold. I don't make enough soaps to justify that right now. I make soaps for friends and family.

You don't really need a 'mold', per se, to put the silvermoons in. The reason for the boxes is to keep the silicon from 'bowing' resulting in non-uniform bars.

You could just build a wood frame to go around the 4 sides of the rubber mold. Or for that matter, you could use anything, books, bricks, etc. set up against the sides of the silicon.

From what I have seen, the SILVERMOONS are a lot thicker than the Upland liners are, so the bowing shouldn't be all that much. Just keep in mind that you wouldn't be able to move it if you only use a frame or other objects to keep it in shape. With a box type set-up (4 sides and a bottom) you could move it after it's been poured in.