Touch - Pay Credit Card

Looking into getting a credit card machine for my business. Do not have a lot of cc sales as of yet.. Need one for craft shows..

Has anyone used the thouch pay system?

They say you just use your phone to dial in for an approval!!

$6.99 monthly fee and 3.39% per transaction.

Not other fees...

It would be a lot less money then buying a terminal.. :cool:

Just wondering if anyone uses this system and if they like it??

Thanks

Do not have Touch Pay System, but here is a heads up on the "fees". My Visa/MasterCard is through my bank, so I do not know if this will apply to Touch Pay Systems, but is worth looking into. When I started accepting Visa/MasterCard, I was quoted a fee of 2.6% per transaction. However, there are certain Visa and MasterCards that are issued to "higher" risk customers that carry a higher "fee" for the person/store who accepts their Visa/Mastercard charge. I called about these higher "fees" I had been charged and was told about the "higher" risk catagory cards. I asked the Visa/MasterCard merchant if there was any way I could detect these "higher" risk cards, and there is NO way for us to distinquish them. I said all this to say, if you decide to go with Touch Pay Systems then you might want to ask them about these "higher" risk Visa/Mastercards you may accept for a purchase to see if they will be charging you higher fees for them.

Another thing to check is the phone calls. When you call in for the approval ask if the number you dial is a toll free or a long distance call and if the long distance fee is normal. Some places that have these numbers the call costs more then a regular call. Also check and see how long it takes them to process and deposit the money into your account for you to actually get the money. Some places it can take a couple of days.

See if there are any deposit fees too for putting the money into your account.

Some of these places are loaded with fees. The problem is if you can't think of every possible way to ask a ? on it they can get ya....LOL

Good luck.:)

I just got set up to do credit cards. I do not need to be able to accept them all the time, just seasonal, during craft show season. My bank hooked me up with a company that offers seasonal usage. I pay $7.00 a month, the fees are not the best 4.5% I think, and there is no minimum. I have a toll free number to do phone authorizations, there is no set up fee [this month I think] and I ordered a manual card reader for $30.. I want to have a signature with the cc#. It took less than a week to get approved and when I don't need the service, I call and don't have the monthly fees. Even with the higher fees, I think I am still ahead with the minimums and start up fees I have seen. Untill I find a need to do credit cards all the time, this will work. If anybody is interested in them, let me know.