Cleaning mold help, please

Can anyone help, please. I have made rustics in polycarbonate moulds and they leave so much colour and frosting behind, I have tried the heat gun but don't want to do it for too long in case I melt the mold!!! (it has happened before) I tried to get mold cleaner from Candlewic but they can't ship it internationally. :confused: Thanks

When I get dye on stuff I shouldn't, I use some FO (small amt) on a cotton ball or a paper towel and start wiping it away. I usually get most of it to come off. I'm not familiar with the type of mold you are using, but it might be worth a try.

hth,

Shari

Polycarbonate molds are very prone to having candle dye stains and the FO's will eventually pit them also. I had a couple pillar molds years ago and nothing, not even mold cleaner, would get the staining out. After the sides became pitted from the FO's I threw them out and never again bought any. :tongue2:

Thanks for the tips. I'm really sad about the poly moulds:sad2: I love the shapes they come in, this is not good news for me, I have heaps of them. I live in NZ so don't know the products such as goo-gone etc, thanks anyway. I might try some nail polish remover in an old mould and let you know.

You don't have to not use them, just don't use them for rustics. If you make smooth candles they should leave much, if any, wax residue. I wouldn't worry about the stains unless there's so much dye that it leeches into the next candle.

Goo Gone is a paint, gum, stain remover type solvent. I would be careful about using such a strong solvent on them. Maybe try using a hard plastic spatula or putty scraper to clean most of the excess off, then zap lightly and wipe quickly with a paper towel?