GB 464 - sink holes after burning

Long-time lurker here with first question...but first, I must say that you all rock! The info that you all post here is simply invaluable. Anyhow, I've been working with parasoy for years now but wanted give GB 464 a shot. I love everything about it except for the fact that I'm getting sink holes after the candles have cooled following a burn. They set up perfectly when initially poured, but I'm assuming there is some air trapped in the wax around the wick that's creating an air pocket or some sort. Any ideas? I'm using a CDN 10 in a 2.75" diameter glass container, adding FO at 180, stirring frequently and pouring at 140-150.

Thanks!!

The GB464 is very similar to CB135. I tested the 464 a while back. IMO you are pouring too hot. I had to pour the 464 at about the same temp as I do CB135....120 degrees or less. I pour just as the wax starts to cloud. Try this and see if it does not fix your problem! You should not need to do a re-pour with this wax.

try heating to about 165 adding color and F/O... let cool to about 110-115 right before it starts to get slushy warm your jars up for a couple minutes and then pour, make sure you pour slow to give air bubbles the time to rise to the surface.

try heating to about 165 adding color and F/O... let cool to about 110-115 right before it starts to get slushy warm your jars up for a couple minutes and then pour, make sure you pour slow to give air bubbles the time to rise to the surface.

this is pretty much what I do as well

(except I don't warm my jars, just cover them w/a box to cool)

The GB464 is very similar to CB135. I tested the 464 a while back. IMO you are pouring too hot. I had to pour the 464 at about the same temp as I do CB135....120 degrees or less. I pour just as the wax starts to cloud. Try this and see if it does not fix your problem! You should not need to do a re-pour with this wax.

Your advice was so good, it had to be repeated twice!!

Gosh...all these great suggestions. I feel guilty for not having the time to test the methods right now! My first trial will involve cooler pouring and covered cooling/curing, as I generally pour 100+ candles at a time and don't have a means to warm large quantities of containers. I hope it works, cuz the wax is great! Good throw, steady pool, and ZERO soot. I'm just not diggin' the unsightly pothole. Thanks again folks!

Gosh...all these great suggestions. I feel guilty for not having the time to test the methods right now! My first trial will involve cooler pouring and covered cooling/curing, as I generally pour 100+ candles at a time and don't have a means to warm large quantities of containers. I hope it works, cuz the wax is great! Good throw, steady pool, and ZERO soot. I'm just not diggin' the unsightly pothole. Thanks again folks!

I would not bother heating the containers. I know some say it works but with my experience it is not necessary with soy. I would just melt some wax in the microwave and pour a tester!

• 2 weeks later...

I am using this wax and the whole big deal about the wax was you could pour HOT. I hated waiting with my old wax.

I pour mine hot 140-160 into unheated rather cool jars and let cool out in the open in a rather cool room. I have had NO problems.

I am testing NEW wicks now and the CDN's are what I am testing...so far so good. I do NOT color my candles either.

tootie