Honey

ladysj

I am having a brain freeze here. I am adding a product to my line with honey in my lotion bars. I can't for the life of me remember what properties the honey would add to these bars.

Can anyone help me on this or how you would describe what the honey adds to them?

Honey is considered antibacterial. It is also a humectant. It draws moisture from the air to the skin. :)

I use honey in EVERYTHING. From butters and lotions, to scrubs and masques. I go through honey like crazy. LOL

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. :yay: Something told me you would be the one to come to my rescue lol.

I think I am going to start adding it to more of my products as well. One other quick ? what percent do you use for your butters & lotions?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. :yay: Something told me you would be the one to come to my rescue lol.

I think I am going to start adding it to more of my products as well. One other quick ? what percent do you use for your butters & lotions?

I usually use .5-1% in all my emulsified butter & lotion recipes.

Make sure you use it in your water phase, heat it up with your water. Glad to have helped you!! :highfive:

Sorry for so many questions I do have a couple more. I was wondering if I could add it now to my cream soap or does it have to be added to the water phase? What do you think of this description that I used on my site? I believe my containers are about 1/4 ounce do you think $3.00 is reasonable?

What's all the buzzzzzzzzzzzzing about? Our little friends the honey bee's are buzzing about our new addition, Honey Bee Lotion Bars. Scented with Honey Bee fragrance oil. All we can say is "Scrumptious".

Our lotions bars are chock full of moisturizing, nourishing butters and honey. Honey is considered anti-bacterial and also a humectant. Humectant's draw moisture from the air to the skin helping it retain moisture. To learn more about the wonderful properties of honey please visit our butter descriptions section.

I am sure we are all guilty of neglecting our skin, I know I am. Our lotion bars provide you with a quick easy way to treat your skin any time of the day. Packaged in convenient twist up tubes they are perfect for your purse, suit case or tote bag.

Keep our friends the honey bee's buzzzzing try our lotion bars today.

You say you are going to use it in lotion bars... Are you using liquid honey? Are your bars emulsified products? Cause honey is water soluble not oil soluble...

(and there would be no apostrophe in the word humectants - not a possessive.

I was wondering too how you added honey to your lotion bars without it seperating? And if you add honey then don't you need a preservative? I've added honey to lotions before, but they are emulsified and have a preservative. I've also done this with scrubs that also use a preservative.

In my experience in doing this, if you continue stirring enough until it thickens a bit to keep the majority of the honey from separating, you'll have some of the honey qualities in your product. But you really have to stir the dickens out of it. What doesn't incorporate into the mix, I throw away (it's usually at the bottom). IMO, Beeswax does emulsify... but to an extent. Yes, you definitely do need to add perservative because of the honey. :)