storing UV absorber

I just received some UV absorber and it came in a white paper-like bag. I usually store my powder "stuff" in rubbermaid or dollar-store plastic containers for easier use. Does anyone know if UV absorber needs to be stored in something "opaque" (like the white bag it arrived in)? I got thinking that maybe it would "absorb" the UV rays if it was just sitting around in a more clear jar...and maybe not be as effective later on when I dumped it into some wax (?) :undecided

If I'm being blonde, just let me know! :smiley2:

It's a good question and I don't have a technical answer, but I personally don't worry about it. UV rays can damage or discolor just about anything. It's all surely better off in the dark. However, I don't use any special packaging for additives and I think hardly anybody does. I do try to keep things away from windows and flourescent lights.

I don't know if there's a correct answer or not either. Mine came in clear bags but needed to be removed anyway since it's a 2 part mix and I didn't want to keep measuring twice. I use a plastic Folgers can. My mom saves them for me since I can't stand the nasty stuff :tongue2: I cut the label w/ instructions off the bags and taped it on the can lid. Works great, no light gets at it and it stays "fresh" ....lol

Mine came in clear bags but needed to be removed anyway since it's a 2 part mix and I didn't want to keep measuring twice.

That's another question I had...I was afraid to just mix both parts together in one container and *hope* I get even amts. of each when I use them. Is that generally what people do with the 2-part variety? I've only had the "1-part" variety in the past, so (obviously) this is new to me.

I never thought about it, I just did it...LOL. Doesn't seem to have caused any problems and my candles don't fade unless they're sitting in direct sunlight for an extended period of time, even the red and purple ones. I have some here that have been sitting on shelves for a couple years and there's no change. Then again, I don't know exactly how long the color would last in the same situation without the UV so....lol

I store additives like this in the packaging they came in from the supplier, INSIDE a plastic or glass cannister (humidity reigns supreme here). I hate baggies of stuff laying all over the place...:tongue2:

I don't think I would mix the different UV additives together. If they don't already come that way, seems like there must be a reason why the manufacturers didn't mix the different ones together and sell them that way, right?

So with combined input, I think this is what I'm gonna do: I'll leave them in their respective bags but put them in a jumbo plastic Folger's can (that I can grab from work where they are numerous!). I can label it and tape the usage directions on the top.

Thanx guys!