Got my first official fundraiser

Well, sorta.

My Great Aunt, the one who helps me out so much with selling my stuff, works for our local Drug Court.

The drug court is for people who are first time drug use offenders who the judge feels can be rehabilitated. They have to go through a 12 month program where they are drug tested, have a curfew, subject to random house checks, etc., etc. If after 12 months, they have remained drug free, and have followed all other guidelines, they have a graduation ceremony for them.

The county gets funding for the basics, but the drug court officials like to do a little something special for them to help recognize their achievement. So my Aunt and the other workers raise money throughout the year so they can have them a little graduation dinner and give them some small token of achievement, it may be a T-Shirt, keychain, just something small. But it means alot to those who have successfully completed the program.

My Aunt ask me if I would be interested in letting them sell my 8ounce square mason jar candles, of course I said yes, and they have been selling the daylights out of them. I made her up 5 cases just last week, took her 2 more cases today, and she wants more.

I'm going to have to order more supplies:yay: :yay:

I give them a little better price on them than I would most people, just because she is such a great help to me, but I'm still happy with what I'm making and it's great publicity for me. People get a chance to see how a quality candle is suppose to burn and once the fundraiser is over, I'm hoping to pick up some repeat business. Even if I don't this is something my Aunt wants to do ever few months or so, I couldn't be happier.

Sorry it's so long, but I'm just so excited. Thanks for reading.

Have a wonderful day

Jennifer

:thumbsup: Congratulations on doing this project, Jennifer. This sounds like a really good program to help support, and I'm sure your aunt appreciates the price break It also sounds like a great way to gain exposure in your local market!

Thanks guys, it really is a great program. Several of the participants have remained drug free and have continued to hold down jobs and take care of their families after graduating.

I'm glad to help out, I just wish I could afford to let her have the candles, but I'm not that big.LOL

Oh that's just awesome! Even if you could afford to give them to her for free, she wouldn't take it. You're too kind! :) I'm the same way where I want to help out more than I should (or so I've been told).

What a wonderful program to be a part of!