Container Packaging Question

For those of you who dont use jars with lids, what do you use to cover the top of your containers?

I do gel drink candles and at every show I have a thousand hands poking the tops of my candles. I generally put bags on all but one (and that one can be poked and sniffed to the customers hearts content). But the bags look messy and sometimes stick to the tops of my candles and mess them up. Shrink wrap isnt working out so well for me, but I dont know what other alternatives I have.

Any ideas?

What about shrink wrap with rubber bands around the jar, might make it a bit more presentable? You can buy different size plastic covers for jars with the two holes in the top but there is a cost factor. Other then that I would just keep the other candles out of reach and your demo item within reach.

Press and Seal Wrap?

Or you could go all out and get boxes for the product. That way you have your sample out and the rest safely tucked away in boxes behind the sample. Also saves time on having to wrap the glass when the customer buys one.

What do these look like? He doesn't have a picture.

Sharon, they are a clear adhesive seal, they come in a roll with each film pre-cut, the whole film is adhesive, and they stick very well. They aren't a thin film, they are crisp and durable, they hold in scent, but my customers say they can still get whiffs of the jar they're sniffing...I find them very useful...I use the small square ones for the Dollar General square Libby jars, I snip each corner in and then fold the sides down nice and neat! I think Grama recommended them in a post I did about the Libby jars, they're a good find!:smiley2:

Press and Seal Wrap?

Or you could go all out and get boxes for the product. That way you have your sample out and the rest safely tucked away in boxes behind the sample. Also saves time on having to wrap the glass when the customer buys one.

I used the press and seal wrap when storing in my containers and for transporting...

however at shows...I do know what you mean about the poking.

I started putting up signs that said "must pay to poke" it cut down on alot of the adults poking but I still had to babysit other peoples kids when they were at my tables.

I also use the seals like Sharon in PA said and really love them. They come in 2 different sizes for square and round. I use them on both my square cubes and little flower pot jars instead of buy the plastic lids, whole lot cheaper;)