Nervous

SatinDucky

I'm about to make my first batch of CP. Ok, not first, but it's been a year or two. I feel like the first time all over again... even my palms are sweating :shocked2: I keep putting it off but I only have one shampoo bar left and have already used up most of the last Lavender Silk bar. I gotta get brave and get to it...LOL.

I probably wont get to start until tomorrow since the butter will need to thaw and I'm still sorting this mess out that I didn't pack away properly. Found the bags of lye from a coop (well, found one... don't know what the hell I did with the other two :embarasse) in the bottom of my equipment box... with a hole in it! Lordy, what a mess! I've spent the last hour cleaning tools and disposing properly of the mess. Then when I pulled the butters out, apparently I didn't put the shea and mango back in the double bags which had the names on them and I don't know which is which...lol.

I dug out all my notes and even ran my recipe back through soapcalc again just in case values had changed or something...lol. Been reading back over all the tutorials and threads here again to make sure I remember everything.

Any last minute advice? LOL

Wish me luck :eek:

Hey Ducky,

Good luck in your venture but I'm sure once you start it will be like old hat to ya! I did the same as you only for a longer period of time. I started out with CP soaps and then quit making them for a long time and started up again about a year ago.

Have fun!!

Ducky, just like Toni said, I know it will all come back to you once you get under way. Sounds like you're getting everything organized and sorted out. Don't forget to add your fo!! But most of all, have fun!!

Thanks... I'm sure it'll be ok. Even if i mess it up, I can always toss it and start over. I keep reminding myself it's not like it's only a one shot deal. :D

It just dawned one me I have to go work on the recipe since I don't know which bag is the mango. I'll have to sub it out and play with the calc some more. I'm going to mix the lye and melt/mix the oils tonight eventually so it'll be ready to go tomorrow.

A little more refreshing of the memory then I'll get to it, I think....lol

Any last minute advice? LOL

Yep. Try soaping room temp, oils and lye. You will be amazed at how much easier it is; more time to play and much less pressure!

That's the trick that took me years to discover. Many of my early problems would not have occurred had I tried RT. It's hard to get past the assumption that the hard oils will not stay melted, but trust me, they will when mixed with the soft.

e

Yep. Try soaping room temp, oils and lye. You will be amazed at how much easier it is; more time to play and much less pressure!

Thanks for the tip :) I didn't know that before, or at least don't remember knowing it...lol. Though I did notice many comments while reading the last few days about soaping at room temp, though I wasn't sure why. It will help slow trace?

Your mango should be a little harder and crumblier (is that a word? lol) than your shea.

Even if it's not, I understand ya. It makes sense in my case anyway. I had puled the shea butter out a few months ago to make a lotion bar and the bag with that label was still in the box. Don't know where I put the mango label...lol