Square pillar burning question

I have a 3x6 square pillar. Wax is 4625, 6% Plumeria (Peaks) 27 ply flat braid. It has been burning for 3 hours. Got a good MP, HT. My question is does the square pillars fold into themselves like a round one? The sides are about 1/8", but the corners are about 1/4' thick. I am not sure what to look for:embarasse . Any help would be appreciated. Yes I did a search, but, nothing really came up! I am afraid that the sides are going to have a blow out :cry2:

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh246/sassy906/th_100_1638-1.jpg' alt='th_100_1638-1.jpg'>

As you can tell fitting a square pillar into a round mp isn't easy. In this case you just have to go with the lesser of the 2 evils.

It looks good, but watch as it burns down that the sides don't blow out. (it might be a little to close to the sides) Ideally the sides will be good and as you burn the corners will hug in. (OK let me say that is what *I*do. Someone may have a better idea) The sides and the corners won't be as even, but they should eventually hug in as it burns down.

I hope that made sense.

Karen B

I think too it depends upon the wax as to whether the corners fold in as the melt pool drops. Some of our formulas seemed to do a little better on sq. pillar burns.

They also didn't like to be hugged as much, lol.

I love the look of sq. candles and wish they were a little easier to create a good burn.

Here's what I do with my 3" sq pillars: After each burn, I push down the sides with my finger then after several burns (3-4) I bend the corners inward . At this point the corners are warm - the outside will split but the inside is still attached. Then over the next several burns, I fold the corners over completely and the process starts all over again. Pics are posted in this link: scroll down a ways http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65393&page=2

When to fold the corners over will depend on how long you burn - I'm a powerburner:)

This is the end result:

post-450-13945844366_thumb.jpg

Sassy,

I didn't have much luck with the FB wicks and ended up with Peak's cotton core wicks. The curl of the FB made it hard to keep an even burn and I tried twisting the wick which did work but there was always one corner higher than the others.

Ducky: to get a sq flame & sq MP, you have to use SB wicks:laugh2:

I aim for having the corners fold in without the sides blowing out. The corners will always be larger. That is until someone invents a square flame ;)

Invents a square flame...LOL!:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: That was funny SatinDucky!

Kimmeroo