Success!! double wicked square Libbey jar from Dollar General

I will cut to the chase, I am using the following: GB 415, 8% FO, no dye and (2) 51-32-18C wicks. The container is actually 11 oz's, but I put 10 oz's in the container, I never fil them to the rim. I wick them diagonally, not side by side. It helps me to wick them better, if I turn the square container a 1/4 to the left, so then the square container looks like it is a diamond shape now and I wick it that way. (hope that makes scents!!! - get it make scents - O.K. that was silly) The FO's that have worked so far are: Mulberry, Cake-Bake and Plumeria. (FO's were purchased from Chemessence, Inc. if you ever purchase FO from them, you just have to remember that the prices that are on the internet are per pound, BUT containers come in 2 LBS. containers, so just double the price, the FO previously use to come in the dark glass bottles, but they have since changed to the dark plastic bottles, that helps on the shipping cost naturally) I can not believe how perfect the candles burned with all 3 scents + not having to wick up or down. Was able to get a melt pool within the correct time range!!!

**I also, tried (2) RRD-37 - it was o.k, it took about 4 days on testing and the 4th day, it finally got the hang up off of the sides of the container (not really that much hang up actually very little)

***The one's I tried that DID NOT WORK AT ALL: (2) HTP 52, (2) HTP 62, (2) HTP 105, (1) HTP 1212 AND (1) HTP 1312.

I hope I put enough info. in here that will help:D

Cool beans! Thanks so much for the GREAT information. I was having a time trying to find the right wick for these jars.:tongue2: So, I guess I will try to double wick. Is there much difference between the zinc and these wicks? I've never tried using the cotton cored wicks. Thanks for any help.

Keshia

Keshia,

I think the cotton cored wicks, burn hotter than the zinc wicks. This was the first time I tried the cotton wicks also. You might be able to make the zinc's work, I just wanted to have the cotton, since they are in soy candles. I did go into Hallmar* Gift shop today on my lunch hour and they had a new brand of soy candles in there and they did have zinc wicks in them. I personally think the consumer has no clue, like we do. Before I started making candles I would not have cared what type of wick was in my candle as long as it burned well and smelled good. My friend is suppose to come over tonight and take a picture of one of my candle's, so you will be able to see how clean the burn was. I was going to mention to you, just in case if you don't know, you can purchase the jars on line @ Dollar Tree Direct, you will just have to put in the store # and SKU#, that way Dollar Tree can ship the containers directly to Dollar Tree and you just go and pick them up (no shipping) just gas getting there!!! I like it this way, because you also get the boxes that the containers come in, which is nice.

Thanks Marcus. I did post that on this board a while back about being able to get these jars from the dollor tree and being able to pick them up with NO shipping. Now that's what I'm talking about. LOL. I'm going to try the cotton wicks I think. I've been using zinc wicks with no problems at all but if the cotton wicks burn cleaner, I would love to try them. I can't wait to see your pictures. I love to see the outcome of everyones products. So, look forward to seeing that. Thanks again for all you info.

Keshia

My friend came over and took picture's of the candles before and after lighting them. But for some reason, she can't get it to work on my computer and she she e-mailed the picture's to her computer at home and still can't get them to transfer over. I will see if she will try again (sorry):o

Don't feel too bad, I'm photo challenged as well! My son is trying to teach me some tricks, but you know that old saying about teaching an old dog new tricks! I have to write down the instructions because by the time I go to do it myself, I've forgotten how......

• 2 weeks later...