What Type Of Wax For Citronella Candles

I want to start making citronella candles. I was wondering what type of wax do most of you use for them. I have a few coustmers who would like to buy some from me this summer. I have the FO and jars I want to use. but now I need to choose a wax and wicks to try out. Any help would be greatly appricated. Regina :D

Hi Regina;

The citronella wicks require a special wick tab which they have also. I think it was with the wicks. I use them. No, I do not prime my wicks.

They were a little hard to get lite, but they work beautifully.

I don't use citronella fragrance oil, but "Sarah" from Flickers Fragrances.

So, is it not the citronella scent that keeps that bugs away then? If it's not the scent, then what is it? I was going to make some citronella scented candles for outside, but if it's not that particular scent, maybe I won't, it doesn't smell nice...

(Sorry to go off the original topic.....)

Sahara

A citrus & herbal blend bursting with freshness. With touches of ocean, lemongrass, sage & musk on a light background of woods, thyme & lavender.

This reminds some people of Citrus & Sage. Very herbal.

This is the description from FlickersFragrances website. I think it is the combination of the fragrance oil and the wick smoking that keeps the bugs away.