Chrothix question

Debk

I have. I read this post and what Chris said and was wondering why I did! I went at looked at MMS, where I bought it, and it isn't there. So, upon looking back in time--this was on their site:

Crothix Liquid Thickener

INCI: PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and) PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides (and) Water Have you ever accidentally thinned a shower gel, lotion or cream to the point it just isn't what you wanted? Don't cry! This new thickener will rescue your overly thinned product. Add a SMALL amount of this liquid and stir it in cold. Don't worry about heating, while it can help keep a mixture crystal clear, heating isn't necessary. We most often hear of people who have added a fragrance to their shampoo base, shower gel or other product only to find the fragrance does an excellent job of thinning the final product so we are offering this new thickener to help boost the viscosity of your finished goods. Your skin will often have a "conditioned" feel when Crothix is used in rinse off products. Usage rate is generally 1 to 8% and the final mixture does not need added neutralization just because this thickener is used. Start at 1% and go up from there. We were amazed that so little is needed to actually thicken significantly.

So I have added it, my butter had drag, not a lot--but it was there. You only need add a little bit--it does thicken, alot. I think I added .5 or 1%, can't remember off the top of my head.

Having said that, MMS does not have this on their site anymore and everywhere I checked said exactly what Chris said so I don't know if there are negatives using it in lotions--all the butters I have made with it have all been used and no one had any bad effects from it.

I added .08 % to my 8 oz. body lotion and whipped it up. It is real nice. I also added a tsp. of shea butter to it. Not greasy. Ended up like a mousse. the shea prevented the drag but could use hydrance (sp). I did not need to use it though since the shea butter helped.

I added .08 % to my 8 oz. body lotion and whipped it up. It is real nice. I also added a tsp. of shea butter to it. Not greasy. Ended up like a mousse. the shea prevented the drag but could use hydrance (sp). I did not need to use it though since the shea butter helped.

I have some hydrance but with my next batch I was going to add less crothix, I don't like the idea of adding more stuff to combat other additives. I have only made about six batches now so I am so new, I am still getting the feel of it all. I am using Kokum butter in mine, but have been wanting to switch to shea. I think I will do that on the next batch and see how it goes.