Candle Science Ecosoya PB

Ya know, it's expected that the price of soy is increasing so the suppliers have to raise their prices but .... it sure would be nice if the bigger suppliers would give their customers notice that price increases will be ensuing. At least that would give us smaller potatoes a chance to stock up before the increase hits.

CandleScience in particular used to be really good about sending out news and updates but I didn't hear a peep from them about these increases.

I would have to make a guess here and say that all the suppliers will probably go up again! CS is usually the last to raise their prices and they usually have the best price. IMO

I did some math tonight and the new case price for the ecosoya CB135 will make a 3 cents an ounce increase for me. It does not sound that bad when you figure it that way!:D

4oz candle~+12 cents

8oz candle~+24 cents

16oz candle~+48 cents

I guess it could be worse.:undecided

You could live in Canada! I pay $91 for 50# CBA and $96 for PB.

With the dollar as strong as it is.....it's not very comforting to know we are paying SO much more. :cry2:

Kim

Oh no...im so sorry! that is crazy amount of money...how bad is shipping?

Guest LightofDawn
I just bought 2 cases of ecosoya PB from wsp. The cost was 54.95 a case. They raised there prices around january. Before that I was paying 48.95 a case. I hop they don't raise theres again. Regina :D

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just checked and it is now $67.00.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just checked and it is now $67.00.

Wholy Crap the ecosoya PB is now 71.00 a case. :angry2: Man does that suck. The way these prices are going who can afford to make candles. I'm glad I got 2 cases before the price hike. Regina :D

I did some serious thinking about soy last night after hearing of all the increases in the past couple weeks. I don't know if I can keep making soy candles and make any money on them. I'm considering putting the whole thing on hold once my C3 and Ecosoya PB is gone... wait til things get better here. This is more of a personal thing, not just the increases, but they sure aren't helping! I've got wholesale accounts that I can probably keep because they have minimum order requirements, but I won't make much $ if I have to use their entire payment just to buy a case of wax! That's what I just did with one of them- I charged an $80 minimum for unscented votives, and that just covered the wax. Sure, I'll have a lot of wax left over after her order is made, and when she comes to me again I'll be able to make something of a profit... but she only orders every 2-3 months.

I should start pushing the palm gg wax I have... I still have around 45 lbs. lol.

Violet, I'm with you, although I'm considering just getting away from 100% soy, not stopping completely. I bought 10 pounds of GL 1285 from Greenleaf - they're just up the road in Grand Prairie, and I can drive and pick up my order there. The wax is a soy blend, and so far, I'm pleased with the tests. The throw is unbelievable - I burned a tart in brown sugar buttercream, and I could smell it from one end of my 2000 square foot house to the other. So, I may be switching waxes for sure, because I'm not sure I can affort to pay to have the soy shipped in from elsewhere. (Lone Star in Keller has V-1, but V-1 is not to be used if you ask me. Too many issues. :tongue2: )

I noticed the increase on Friday when I was trying to order just a 10lb bag from CS. Usually I only pay around 12 or 13 bucks for a bag which is cheaper than other suppliers, plus it's a state away from me so I save on shipping. Peaks hasn't changed their price and it's at 13 or 14 bucks but shipping will be a killer for me plus it may take longer to ship to me. I just may have to either go with Peaks for the meantime or tough it out an buy from CS.

The increase was going to come sooner or later, especially since gas prices are soaring through the roof.

Violet: If you decide to sell the rest of your ecosoya pb, just let me know I'll be glad to get it off your hands!!

I'm just putting things on hold for now. I am financially strapped and business just isn't going well. I'm keeping my stuff until I can focus more on candles and less on stress and being very ill. I realized today (while continuing to pump out candles for two wholesale orders) that I'm really tired of making them and need a bit of a break.

We'll see what happens in the next couple months. Right now it's time for me to sit back and do something else- I've been crocheting my daughter a blanket and playing with my acrylic paints again, plus having fun with B&B and soaping. :)