Fundraiser Packaging

botanica

I'm doing a fundraiser for a local group, and am wondering what everyone does. I'm selling jar candles, and don't know if I should just deliver them in the cases that they come in and let them separate them? Do you take the time to separate them per child? Do you give each child a box to deliver them in? I don't have separate packaging for each jar. I was thinking of wrapping them in tissue, but there is a lot, and I'm delivering them on Friday. Help!

I package each order myself....that way I can put in a burning instructions sheet (1/4 sheet actually). I also add a 25% off coupon into each bag to try for more return customers. It has worked so far. I use the white lunch bags, print a small (1/6th of a page) slip that I staple to each one with the sellers name, purchasers name, and the order that way the sellers just have to deliver.

HTH ~ Pam

Nope, I put the candles in the boxes the original (empty) containers were shipped to me in. I try to keep them organized by scent and let them decide on packaging.

Ditto.. :cool2:

I do give the organizer a free gift for choosing my company for their fundraiser. Either tarts and a warmer, or Candles and a trimmer.

I hope your delivery went well for you today!! :D

I just delivered samples to a school today for a Fundraiser(now i sit & wait to see if they go with me) - they called me on this & i've never done one before!!

I'm scared with 70 band students going around selling - OMG will i get done with the orders??? But, this was one of my questions too......would i bag each kids order or let them do it at school? I think i would feel better doing it myself but what if some order more then a couple candles?

Hope more people 'chime' in on this thread!

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

I deal only with the organizer for the fundraiser. I deliver candles in the cases the jars came in. I only try to keep the scents together. No other seperate packaging. I let them do that. I just don't have time to package up each sellers order.

I see it two ways....

If it is local and you are delivering...individual bags as YooperCandles mentioned.

But if they get shipped ship them in boxes...preferably ones that don't have the glass info on them. you can try to find boxes that are the same size and use the inserts (split things) for the unmarked box. Group all the scents together when packaging them...and I would box them inside another box.

I hope your delivery went well for you today!! :D

I just delivered samples to a school today for a Fundraiser(now i sit & wait to see if they go with me) - they called me on this & i've never done one before!!

I'm scared with 70 band students going around selling - OMG will i get done with the orders??? But, this was one of my questions too......would i bag each kids order or let them do it at school? I think i would feel better doing it myself but what if some order more then a couple candles?

Hope more people 'chime' in on this thread!

~Carlena~

Thanks for your responses! Yes, the delivery went really well. I offered 11 scents to choose from and made samples for each child (18). Only 12 actually sold anything, but it ended up being 99 candles total. I was told that the kids really liked having those samples to bring around, and that it helped. I couldn't figure out a way to package them before delivery, so I delivered in boxes. I then printed out scent labels and fixed them on bags. I also printed out coupons and gave the bags and coupons to the group leader to bag up herself. Some kids sold one and some sold 12 or 13, so that was the only way I could do it. I think that if I had a larger order that had to be shipped, I wouldn't have gone that extra mile of including any extra packaging. There's enough packaging wasted in this world to begin with! I'm loving fundraisers right now. So little work for such a nice return. :D

I've played with the sample idea and I think wickless tealights would be a neat and inexpensive way to go. That way they're portable and easy to carry, yet doesn't cost an arm and a leg to make, either. Then again, some people have said that carrying samples is often a pain for kids. Shrug. I havent done a fundraiser yet, though. Maybe I'll send out some emails/letters. Still takin a break from candles tho.

Can you tell me what you used for the kids for samples? Great Idea!!

Thanks!

~Carlena~

I used tarts, and found little bags to put each in and labeled them. With the soy, they got pretty beat up, but still worth it because they looked nice to begin with. I can see in the future using smaller chips of wax for this. It would probably be easier and not as much waste. I *thought* I'd be able to re-sell the tarts at some point. Oh well...the kids liked it. I think if the group were any bigger I would have forgone this step.

I bought the little plastic portion cups for this purpose. It makes a nice size sample and the wax doesn't get beat up, and it's lightweight enough for the kids to carry. I've only done three fundraisers with under 30 participants each, I don't think I'd offer it for anything bigger.