Flickers order

mommy2six

After several requests for more "earthy" scents I placed my first order with Flickers to try some samples of what I thought would be earthy. If any of you have tried these scents I am looking for your opinions on how earthy they are. I am a bakery lover so this is totally not my preferred scent catagory.

Merlins Forest - I did not find this at all earthy. It smelled very baby powdery to me.

Sangre De Grado - I expected this to be way different than it is. Again I smell a powdery smell. Maybe it is just my nose.

Flowerbomb - This one really surprised me. It does not smell at all floral to me. I am not sure what I am smelling but it has a note of fresh berry with something else. Not sure what but I love this scent.

Mystic Woods - Yucky cologne.

Summer Vacation - Smells like suntan oil to me. Which I like.

Sahara - This is earthy to me. Smells like black liccorice and woods. To me this is a different sort of clean scent. I think I like it.

I also have Patchouli Honey and Cranberry Fig that I have not burned yet. I know that everyone smells things differently so I am sending these to my earthy loving friends to try. But I wondered what your opinion of these is. And what screams earthy to you? I have ordered Cinnamon Sandlewood from the candle source because of the reviews I have read on here. Also I just placed an order with C&S for Cucumber Lavender and Green. This earthy thing is just not my cup of tea but I am hoping to find at least a few I like.

I've tried Merlins Forest and Sahara. Sahara is actually a light dry citrusy type and Merlins reminds me of men's cologne.

Earthy would be something with patchouli or maybe sandalwood. Flickers has a great patchouli honey. Its really strong and my customers rave about it. I use it in both soap and candles.

I know she's got some sandalwood but I am drawing a blank. Maybe its tropical sandalwood?!

This is what I mean. People smell things so differently. Sahara did not smell at all citrusy to me, LOL. I have the honey patchouli poured and I will burn it tomorrow. I have been searching earthy smells here on the board and have several on my list now so maybe I will come up with something.